Friday, April 8, 2011

I am HOME!!


I am finally Home!! It has been a crazy 6 months with Fro being home from work, but no one is more excited than me to be home, except maybe these two!!


 


The last two weeks since I officially am done working full time has been quite the whirlwind. We have been to the dinosaur museum, the thanksgiving point farm, the aquarium, kangaroo zoo, the park, and the park again, shopping, relaxing, and just playing outside for hours on end. It has been wonderful and amazing.
You honestly take being a "stay at home mom" for granted until you become a FULL TIME working mom who is gone the majority of the day and when you are home you have a million things to do to catch up. I don't know how single working moms do it, but I am amazed by them and don't envy that situation for a second. I learned more from this last six months about myself than I could have imagined and even more about how much I value, love and appreciate my opportunity to be home most of the time. It was hard on everyone of us to experience me being gone and fro being home, but it is definately something we all learned from. I constantly kept feeling like I was living two different worlds. I felt nothing was completely real because it wasn't what i am used to or prefered. I felt completely out of the loop reguarding my kids, and even almost sent Ali to school on a no school day. Fro definately had an eye opening experience being the "mom" of our house for the last 6 months and our kids definatly loved and learned a lot from him- I couldn't have asked for a better guy to fill all the many roles that moms fill each day!!(and still find time to go tanning!!) :)
I loved being at work with the many wonderful patients and people I work with, but my family is and always will be my first priority.
I have returned to work part time and it has been a great blessing to have both my jobs- as a Retinal photographer, and a mom of two awesome kids!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome Kristin! I am so happy that you don't have to work all the time now..and we get to go shopping at TJ Maxx. You are such a cute mom!