Monday, May 3, 2010

Cam is TWO!!

It is official- Cam is TWO!!! I still can't believe it. I know he looks and acts like he is three, but the reality that he is two is still crazy!! I can't even express How much I love him and can't imagine life without him- he is truly MY little man. He was a miracle in coming, and truly a miracle to me to have him each day.
For his birthday party this year Ali and I decided that a CARS themed party would be perfect. He loves the movie Cars- or mainly McQUEEN- and so that was the theme. He loves running around the house saying Ka-Chow!! That is what McQueen says in the movie, and he loves saying it too!! So of course it had to be on the invitation.



He of course got spoiled- and he is only 2!! Some of his favorite things he got were- His BASKETBALL hoop, from Mom and Dad, his tennis rackets, his Mack diesel truck, his t-ball set, his books and of course clothes, and he especially loved having all the family there!!




There is so much I love about him I can't even go into all of it but a few of my highlights........
- I love the way he talks. His words are so precious. Most kids get in the "NO" phase, but Cam has his own "What" phase. I will call to him and he just says
"WHAT" It sounds so bossy but part of me just LOVES it.
- Everyone loves Cams numerous facial expressions- he is truly the king of facial expressions. I think it is just his eyes are so expressive, we love it.
- He is one who loves laughter. He will do anything to get us to laugh and we are laughing A lot back at him.
- I love the way he runs. My dad says it is like he hasn't figured out he has knees yet. It is so dang cute!
-I love how he says- "come ear mom!!" and he pulls my fingers till i start moving.
- He loves trucks, cars, motorcycles and he loves when we see them driving
- He counts to 10 and then stumbles and then says here come- for hide and go seek
- He loves being sung twinkle twinkle little star at night, and I often hear him singing his version of it during the day.
- He loves doing whatever Ali is doing, and jumping on her.
- He wants to see his cousin Christian everyday, and says it "CHICKEN"
-we just had our first real phone conversation and when he went to hang up he said, "see ya sucker!!" with his dads encouragement of course- but it was clear as day!!



 
Posted by Picasa

We had Car blowers and Car glasses that some of the kids had a great time with. We played roll the tire the furthest, hit mater in the eye(with a dart gun!) and we played red light green light, and of course tons of restling with the uncles! Every year I do a video for my kids to highlight them in pictures over the year and this year my sister helped me make it just great. Cam loved it better the second time seeing it when he got to watch it all by himself without everyone making a big deal that he was in every picture.
Ali really wanted to be festive, so Fro helped her draw a Rusteze shirt just for the occasion. She was such the big sister and party helper. It was a great year and i can't believe he is TWO!!

2 comments:

Raising Helm said...

I still can't believe he is two. Actually I can, but it means that Jamison is almost there, and he for sure doesn't seem like he could almost be two. sniff! sniff! That was such a cute party! you are a great hostess even when a bit of drama spills out. Cam is a sweetheart and glad to know he actually played with his toys and smiled after we were all gone :)

Kevin + Marcy said...

What a cutie patootie that boy is! Happy birthday Cambodia (I don't know why, but that nickname just came to my head, so I thought I'd call him that). By the way, happy 2 days until HAWAII!!!