Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Bet!!!


I have a pretty good track records going for winning bets- it is a fact, soley due to my competitive nature. You would think that my husband would know this after 10 years of marriage, but NO!! The latest bet involved stealing, birthdays, glass mugs and $150.00.
We decided to go to Texas Roadhouse for Fros birthday.We love Texas Roadhouse, but officially declared that we will NEVER go there on a weekend ever again!! We called ahead at 5:15 and made our "call ahead reservation" for 6:30. Well as we arrived there was a massive amount of people. Not kidding- i couldn't even get in the door for a good 10 minutes. When I finally squeezed my way to the call in counter the girl told me it would be 5-15 minutes. I figured I could handle that. Well after 25 I was done- I went and asked why we hadn't been taken back yet. I was promised I was in the next group to be called (with a smile of course!!). As the next groups are called and they are groupgs of 10 and 12 I was bugged. I sent fro up to ask. The girl automatically thought he stole my ticket and that it wasn't his. Well they then promised him we would be in the next group. After being told that for over an hour and 20 minutes of "standing on deck" I watched the girl put my number to the side saying "I don't know where they went." I was ticked as I was in a crowd of 40 people all "standing on deck" to take our seats. I quickly squeezed through the group of people I quickly became friends with because we were all ticked, and someone thought I was from Sweden(another story) and told the girl that we were YES still standing right in front of her. I was not at my best at this point- a little fired up!!! Finally at 8:15 we were at our table ordering- Are you kidding me!! I was not in a good mood, but wanted to be because it was for Fros birthday. He was trying to lighten my mood by giving me a challenge.
Growing up Fro and his buddies would challenge each other to steal the glasses at chilis restraunt. They are the heavy nice glass cups. They would stick them in their pants and try to make it to the door without getting caught. So as we sat trying to calm down Fro says "I dare you to steal one of these glasses." They were the same style cup and everything. I told him that was a dumb challenge. He told me if I stole it he would give me anything. I said,"oh really anything!!" of course that intrigues me!! I have been saving my money to get a flat screen for my exercise room that i can mount on the wall, so I say "If I steal this cup you'll buy me my tv?" He replied that he would go in half. So I claified the situation by asking that if I stole the cup he would buy my tv. I told him it is so stupid to steal let alone a glass from texas roadhouse. So I said ," what if I ask the waitress if i can have the glass and she says yes, will you still buy my the tv?" He just laughed thinking how stupid I would look asking if I could have a glass. So he agreed that if i asked and she said yes which "she wouldn't say" then he would buy half of my tv!! It was a good bet and one that didn't even phase me the least bit. The waitress came over and she was swamped with tables and I said, "Hey it is his birthday but he doesn't want you to sing to him, so can I have this glass instead??" She just looked at me and said, "what?" I said it again and smiled, and she just stared at me!! Then she said, "in all of our training we are told that we should never say NO to our customers, so sure you can have the glass!!
I started laughing so hard and gave her a high five, as Fro screamed, "You just cost me $150 dollars!!" I then explained the bet and she just laughed.
Each time she came by to ask if we needed any refills she would smile and say you don't want any drink because your trying to finish it off so you can steal it!!
It definatly made the mood of the night turn around and I was able to show fro that it pays off to be honest and usually people will give you what you want!!
So his best birthday present was his very own Texas Roadhouse glass!! It cost him $150 bucks, but got me the greatest Tv ever!!!

He drinks out of his cup everyday and we think of our memorable night of me sticking a huge glass into my purse as we walked out of the restraunt~!!

3 comments:

Kevin + Marcy said...

You've started something. Kev and I went out last Friday night and ate at Red Robin. They have really nice glasses and I asked Kev, "Should I ask if we can take this with us? Wouldn't it be so fun to try and collect as many as you could?" Well, I didn't end up asking for it, but it gives us something to consider . . .

Tracie Bramhall said...

You guys are so funny. I love this bet. I really miss hanging out with you.

Raising Helm said...

Goodness, i have been such a slacker on my blogging. You are pretty good at bets I do must say. I don't have that talent! Glad you didn't have to actually steal anything. Gosh the nerve of your male to ask :) memorable for sure!