Saturday, September 18, 2010

Two Teeth in a Week!!



This has been a busy week for Ali!! Her front tooth has been so loose that we were calling Ali Nany McPhee because it could dangle out the front of her mouth and look completely gross- so we finally pulled that sucker out!! I was pretty sad that she would never have that cute "both front teeth missing at the same time" look, but little did I know that within the same week Ali pulled the next tooth over out all by herself!!
She came running out of school on Thursday and said, "Mom look my tooth is pretty loose." She kept wiggling it and by the time we got home she was holding it in her hand!! No tears, no blood, she just pulled it right out!!

With so many teeth coming out she definately kept the tooth fairy busy at our house. The last tooth experience was very memorable that I decided to take things into my own hands. (Fro was to noisy and woke Ali up!) So it was my turn to deliver the goods!! As I went in to sing to Ali i asked if she remembered to put her tooth under her pillow. She did and I had to laugh because for some reason she puts it in a water bottle cap and tapes it to the lid- no idea why- but it is so cute.
After a few hours I decided it was time- I snuck in so quietly and lifted the pillow so slowly. After searching with my hand finding NOTHING- i started searching under the other pillow. Nothing again!! Who came up with the idea to stick a tooth under the pillow of the sleeping child- RIDICULOUS!! After coming up empty handed I left to tell Fro. He just laughed and told me to try again. So I snuck in again and felt around and she started coughing. I smiled at her and asked if she needed any water because she was coughing a lot. She partly woke up and had some water. As she was drifting off to bed I asked if she had remembered to put her tooth under her pillow. Sure enough she reaches under her pillow right where her head was and there was that little water bottle cap with her tooth taped inside. She held it in her hand and then fell asleep!!
Oh great now she was HOLDING IT IN HER HAND!! I left again and told Fro my predicament- It was all just funny now. I waited longer and was beyond ready for bed so i decided i would leave the tooth and Money!!
So I snuck in again, and just gave up on the whole idea of getting the tooth and slid the money and the fairy dust under the pillow. My job was finished- not complete, but what am I supposed to do, pry it from her hands!!
At 7 I had Ali tapping me on my shoulder telling me something was wrong. I didn't even know what to say. She showed me the tooth and the money and was so confused as to why the tooth fairy left both for her. I said, "well maybe the tooth fairy couldn't find your tooth because you were holding it!"
That worked. she was pretty excited that this was her second tooth that she got to keep!! we have an awesome tooth fairy at our house!!

1 comment:

Kevin + Marcy said...

[gasp] And you didn't call me over so I could hold her lost teeth in my hand?! I'm shocked. Well Ali's one rich woman. You go girl.