Thursday, October 7, 2010

Who knew!!

Who Knew I was Crafty!! I am not, but I challenged myself to make this........


My Brother in law has a blanket that his mom made for him when he was younger out of his old sports shirts, and clothes. Brooke my sister decided to do one for her girls and I thought what better way to remember the cute days of your kids than with the clothes they wore. (and they were just sitting in bins in the basement anyway!!) So i cut up some of my favorite, most memorable outfits from Ali as a baby, up until last year, and made them into a warm blanket for her.

After backing it wrong and sewing it inside out, re-picking, then sewing again, I finished it!!It turned out pretty good for someone who does NOT sew!! And most importantly it reminds me of Ali in every way, and she LOVES it!!

4 comments:

Kevin + Marcy said...

You're my hero! You're totally, officially crafty now. LOVE the blanket. Ali's a lucky girl to have such a creative mama.

Raising Helm said...

Bravo! I am so proud of you, and to think...you almost didn't cut up the cute ones. Sorry for the redo. It still looks great. I am excited to see it up close and personal!

Mindy said...

Kristin!!! This is such a good idea!!! I totally love it!!! P.S. I hate to tell ya, but... You are TOTALLY crafty girl! I LOVE this blanket and your chore chart is pretty rad too... just like you! Miss ya friend!!! xoxo

SJ said...

Too cute! Such a fun idea.