Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Fun!


since I have been working full time, I have had a hard time feeling the Christmas spirt. Usually at this point in the holiday my shopping is done, my christmas cards are done, and we have done a lot of christmas related activities. I was feeling a little behind since none of that had been done. So with half a day off of work, I tried to make the most of it!! Ali had a skit at school that all the kids had a speaking part and I was so relieved to find out I was able to get off early to make it to it. It was a short little play but well worth going to see. The second I walked in the door and saw Alis face, I knew I was so glad not to miss it!! It was called the gingerbread caper and Alis' line was "I have an idea, Lets make a whole bunch of gingerbread kids, and then he won't be lonely anymore!" She did wonderful and I was so glad to see her personality shine a little!!

After her play we headed to the mall to meet up with all her cousins to see santa. We were lucky to have the majority of the family there, even sunny and pappa came. Brittany even came with her brand new little girl Paige!! We had a great time and the Santa was so Great with the kids!!

Then we saw the train the goes through the whole mall and of course it was a must with all the kids. Pappa rode up front and was hollering Merry Christmas to everyone, it was a lot of fun and Cam loved that it puffed smoke- the Train was awesome!!


When we got home after the mall, we planned to decorate gingerbread houses. We do it every year just because!! My brother and Camille came over and we had a good time decorating our houses. The only down side to the evening was Camille is a culinary school graduate with her degree specialized in dessert type foods and she is AWESOME with a frosting bag!! While mine was gooshing from all sides, hers was perfectly clean and amazing- I just had to remember I had two awesome helpers that make things look Kid beautiful!! It was fun and they are ALWAYS fun to hang out with!

Cam took this picture of Bud and camille and I have to side note that whenever uncle bud comes over he tries to confuse Cam and he tells him that whatever Cam is playing with is something different. Example- Cam is holding a firetruck, so Bud says IS that a transformer- Cam gets so mad!! Yesterday he tried to convince Cam that a frog wasn't a frog but a dinosaur or something dumb, and Cam got so mad he hit him-- Well deserved, but so funny!!


the end product!! We bought it at Walmart so I am sure there are a million replicas of this same house- maybe one year I will create my own but until then, this is perfect!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Your gingerbread house is so awesome! Ours didn't have nearly the same colorful snow as yours. By the way, did anyone ever tell you that you have a great talent for saying the alphabet backwards? Who knew!