Thursday, September 15, 2011

First Beach Day

 
Posted by Picasa
The Beach to me is the ONLY reason to go on vacation. I think I get that from my dad since he grew up in California by the beach. I love it!! Everything-- The hazy morning air, the saltiness, the water, the sand (not so much the chaffing from body boarding) but Everything else. I love that you can sit there all day and not even realize the whole day is gone!! I loved just watching my kids run from the waves, and I loved the endless fun Cam had chasing the seagulls that stole our chips!! Ali hadn't body boarded since the last time in Cali which was 2 years ago and it wasn't very successful at the time. So we encouraged her and with the help of Madison her cousin who was fearless they both attempted the waves. She loved it and had smiles most of the afternoon. She went under a few times and it scared her but luckily she got back out and had a lot of fun. I loved body boarding and watching everyone catch the waves, and the fish come up with the waves. It was such a great day and a great way to kick off the vacation!!

No comments: