Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Third Grade

Can I even begin to describe how with each year comes a sense of craziness that my baby girl is not little anymore!! Realizing that next year she could be the same size as me has really begun to make me miss her as a little girl. But with each year it has been amazing watching her figure life out step by step. She is so mature and fun, and makes me smile like no one else. she is so special to me!!
She was really excited to get Mrs. Matthews as her teacher this year and she was counting down to the first day of school. That is also a wonderful feeling knowing she loves school!! Each year she takes a little momento from home to keep in her pocket or on her somewhere so if she gets nervous she can hold it and know I love her and am thinking about her. This year she took a little necklace that I put some stickers on the back that made her smile. She said if she was nervous she would turn it over and rub the stickers and she felt all better!!
After all the anxiety that comes with letting your child go off on their own to experience school for the first day came a big smile and a thumbs up!!
Her teacher found a book about an elephant named ALi who had a peanut allergy just like Ali and it made her entire day to know her teacher was really thinking about her!! They spent a lot of time explaining peanut allergies it to the other kids and it meant the WORLD to ALi!!

No comments: