Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Adjustment


so for all the many people calling and wondering where I have gone to, and why i am no longer outside playing with my kids, it is simply because I have become the "sugar momma" (as i like to call myself)!! Two and a half weeks ago we found out that Fro wouldn't be able to work since he tore his ACL and MCL and that we didn't have short term disability at his work, only long term. That does us no good until mid january- so after "freaking out" about what we are going to do about this little predicament, I became completely grateful for having a job that so willingly let me come back on full time. I didn't know what an adjustment working full time would play on my family, but these last two weeks I have truly become so grateful for my time with my kids. Everyday waking up to my kids and thinking what should we do today is not the case anymore, but hurrying to get ali ready way before she has to leave and hearing her say how much she misses me everyday- it just about kills me. The best story so far is one day last week Cam was awake so Fro went in to help him out of bed and he said,
CAM- "I don't want you, I want MOM!!"
Fro- "Mom has to go to work , lets go say bye"
CaM-"No you go to work, not mom!!"
Fro-" I can't because of my knee"
CAM-" your knee is fine!!!"

It has been a little crazy and hard on everyone. Ali cried everyday the first week and Cam continues to plead for me to stay in the mornings. There is nothing worse than having your two year old say "just stay with me, please mom!!" It about kills me everyday. I just keep telling myself- thankfully it is only for a few months and not permanent.
Fro just had his surgery last wednesday and has been asleep pretty much the entire time since, i am pretty sure his meds make him very sleepy. It will be nice when he is a little more coherent and feeling better. They said it would be about 3 months until he would be okay to go back to work, so I am holding onto that idea!!

5 comments:

Raising Helm said...

It is pretty crazy having you gone all the time. You sure are a sweet sugar momma though. I am sure it has to be hard leaving your cuties, but hopefully fro will be back to work sooner than later. Good luck my sis and know how wonderful you are.

Hollie said...

Ah Kristin I am so sorry but so glad this isn't a permanent thing. You are so lucky that you had a job you could go full time to, I have not idea what we would do if something like that happened to Russ. Keep up the good work sugar momma!

Krystal said...

I'm so sorry. I know how much your kids mean to you. That would be so hard to leave them everyday. Hang in there. YOu are a strong person and hopefully these next few months go by fast. That's funny Cam told his daddy! What a smart boy. By the way I love the Halloween customes. Well done!

Tracie Bramhall said...

Glad to hear everything is good with Fro and that things are working out job wise!! That is tough!!
Keep on Truckin....cant wait to see you guys in less than a month!!

Dave

Spackman's said...

your family is in our thoughts and prayers. You are such a good mom!