Thursday, November 18, 2010


Cam-
You woke me up this morning way earlier than i wanted to even think about. I knew I had a full day of work ahead of me, and i knew it was not time to give up my bed, but your cute little voice in the other room at 5:30 told me you were ready to get out of bed. When I came in your room, you instantly said, "Mom I waked up!!" You have the cutest way about you, that just makes me smile(even at 5:30 in the morning).I decided that I didn't want to start the day yet and carried you into my bed to see if maybe you would go back to sleep. As we layed there talking quietly so we didn't wake up dad, I realized there is nothing greater than those moments with you. We pretended our fingers were spiders and ran them all over each other just making each other laugh. Then we tried to see who could make the silliest noise with our mouths while the other bumped our adams apple. ( I am sure dad didn't love that we were in bed while he was sleeping, but we were having a great time.) But the moment that made being a mom and sacrificing sleep and all the many other things we sacrifice was when you stopped and got as close to me as you could so i could see you and you said," I love you so much mom!!" I kissed you and told you how much I loved you and then you said, "I miss you." I wanted to cry and just appreciate every second I get to have with you, even when it is at 5:30 in the morning, I am so lucky to get to be your mom, and working everyday has made me realize what a great blessing that is, and I am counting down the days till dad can go back to work too!! I love you Cam and thanks for waking me up to tell me those sweet things, I needed to hear.

3 comments:

Kevin + Marcy said...

Uh yeah, so if that's not the sweetest thing ever! That Cam is a keeper!

Spackman's said...

This post was so cute! You are the best mom Kristen We love your cute little family

Raising Helm said...

Um, okay so I totally cried. You are such a good mom. Cam is such a cutie patootie. Those are the moments you wish would stick in your head all day long and when a sour moment arrived you would react like a fairy. Happy and nice. I love ya! I miss you too!