Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Activity Days!!

Several Months ago I got a call from a woman in our ward inviting ali to this years Stake Activity Days activity. At first I was so confused about the call until she explained that Ali would be turning 8 and she would be allowed to go to activity days with the rest of the girls. It hit me for the very first time at how fast my daughter is growing up!! She is going to be 8!!
Memeories of me and all my friends going to activity days activities flooded my mind and I couldn't believe it was now Alis' turn to do those same things. It was a crazy feeling.
I didn't mention the activity to Ali because I knew the second I did she would say "No thanks, I don't want to go!" She isn't big on social settings involving a bunch of girls and women she doesn't know. So as time got closer I kept mentioning little things to warm her up to the idea. Her first reaction to the idea was exactly that " No thanks mom!" She doesn't do primary activities or even friends birthday parties, so I wasn't suprised.
She started playing more and more with our cute neighbor Saige and they have a great time together. As it got closer she talked a little more about it and I told her saige would be there and probably other kids in her school class. She warmed up slowly and even got Excited to go to the activity.
I was still in denial that she was old enough to go!!
AS the week of the activity came she got an invitation to go and a t-shirt and she was really ready. She loved going and had an amazing time! She was gone from 9:30 - 2 so it was like school, but she had a great time. I asked her about it and what she learned and was so glad that she has opportunities to get together with other girls and learn about her savior and her testimony and that even though she doesn't quite understand what having a testimony is, she definatly has one of her own.
The theme of the whole activity was "Fly- the sky is the limit!" and also - Become who you are meant to be! It was themed around an airport theme and the girls had passports to travel all over and they had activities to show their individual strengths and talents, and show they are all special in different ways. She learned a lot and loved it!!
Having her get baptized has been an eye opening experience as a mom to make sure she knows why we are baptized and also that she chooses to do it for herself. She is an amzing example to me of what a Christlike person is. she always wants to do good, and thinks about her savior a lot. I am so blessed to have her as one of the greatest strengths in my life!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

How sweet is that!! I can't believe how big she and Saige are!!! Such beautiful girls!!