Tuesday, May 3, 2011

EASTER


I don't know what it is about dying Easter Eggs, but I love it!! I think it is the choice to be as creative as you want, or just simply add one color and see how it all turns out. This year I tried to make a ton of eggs because Ali usually can dye 12 in 12 minutes or less so I knew with Cam on board I would need A LOT. Well luckily my brother Bud and sister in law Camille came over and they brought 18 just for them- so they thought!! My kids had stolen, broke and dyed several of their eggs without blinking because they were having tons of fun being creative. Cam would just get his colored when- WHACK-- he would drop it, or smash it-- he needs a little help in that area. But overall they turned out good, and were fun to do.

The creative juices were flowing in this group!! Camille is competitive at everything even egg dying!!! Hers were the best!!

Ali did a great job making hers all unique and fun!



 
Posted by Picasa

The saturday before Easter my whole family got together for a easter egg hunt. I went biking with Fro right before the hunt and was FREEZING the rest of the day- this Utah crazy weather is killing me!!
Luckily the weather turned out ok for the kids to do the hunt outside and they had a great time. They ran wild and everyone had tons of fun. After the hunt we had our 2 annual-(i am making it annual it is that fun) Easter egg FIGHT!! We gathered all the eggs togeather, I armed every kid with a ton and told all the parents we had planned something to show them. As the parents walked in the room, the kids went wild!! They were nailing everyone with easter eggs. We did this last year and it was a riot, and it was again this year. The older guys go nuts trying to give each other the biggest welt and it is hilarious. The kids think it is great that they don't get in trouble when they pelt each other in the head because that is after all the fun of it!! It was fun and it will continue again next year i am sure!!

On sunday we went to my sisters house for dinner. I ventured out and decided to make some cupcake chicks!! I was pretty excited how they turned out because I am not that culinary. Everyone thought they were so cute and fun and most of all delicious!! I may have to continue to dabble in that it was fun being creative with them. We had a great easter and I love Easter because it is just another holiday to get together with everyone and have a great time, and Yes Pappa did tie in the whole reason for Easter by showing the kids Easter videos from the church website!! Good job Pappa-- We love you!!

No comments: