Monday, January 23, 2012

Starting Young


A neighbor of mine took this picture of Cam in one of our sunday school lessons. He thought it was so adorable that he was studying his scriptures at such a young age. I loved it too and wanted to always remember it.

Ali is in a class which is now officially having scripture races so to speak and poor ali has only her little flimsy book of mormon. She came home after church and said, "Mom can I please get those nice scriptures with the tabs. My teachers had to help me find everything." I felt so bad picturing her being "that kid" that has no clue about where to find things in the scriptures. I immediately told her we would have to get her some of her own now that she was old enough to take care of them. So I took her a few days later to get he own scriptures with tabs. She picked out a quad that she liked and told me she would love to have her name in cursive on them. I thought that would be so perfect since she is learning cursive right now in school. They told us it would be an hour wait and to come back. So we went and bummed around and had some mom and ali time. Then we headed back to the store. She was so excited!! I loved seeing her get excited about her own scriptures. I asked the store clerk to get them for us and we waited. As he came back through the door alis face just lit up. She looked at me with the most excited expression ever and said, "there they are!!!" It was so great to realized that in all my efforts to relay my love for the church and the scriptures it has helped her to realize they are special and seeing that excitement was such a great moment for me as a mom!!

No comments: