Thursday, December 29, 2011

christmas 2011

 
Posted by Picasa
I love Christmas so much, especially when NO one in our entire family is sick this year!! It makes it so great when everyone gets to be there. For Christmas Eve this year we had my parents over for our annual Christmas turkey dinner. It was DELICIOUS! We then had all my siblings come over to decorate sugar cookies i made so they could take them to santa. We then let all the kids exchange gifts and then it was the birthday cake story. Every year since i was a baby my mom reads this story called the birthday cake. It helps set the story for Jesus and the real reason for christmas. So everyone gathers around her on her chair and candle and listen so quietly. Well this year Cam was actually paying attention to the description in the story of the cake. As my mom read the description and the part that says it had raisins cam said,"EW GROSS!!" Everyone broke out laughing for a good few minutes because it was so funny and timed perftectly! I know it is going to be a memory we all will carry forever because it was so cute to see this three year old trying to listen so intently and realize it sounded so gross. it was hilarious!

Christmas Morning is my favorite part! I even made Fro and the kids do our family tradition train. As a kid I loved doing the train. We all wait on our pillows in our door way. My dad would come around with his train whistle and one by one pick up all our family members. He would make it so fun and I was so happy my kids and Fro participated this year just for me!!
When we got downstairs it truly was amazing. I love watching ali and cam get so excited! Their eyes went CRAZY!!
Our game this year was Shoot the Christmas Bingo. It was Bingo, but you had to shoot a dart at the clues to match to the bingo board. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it. Each person had a specific color of smiley face sticker on their present and Cams was green so all day he just kept saying, Mine were the green ones. He loved opening so many fun things!!
Ali has been wanting a Telescope for 3 years now. I kept thinking she would grow out of it, but it was put on the TOP of her list this year. So i hid it in the other room and left a note on one of the other presents to have her look in the office. I told her it was from her mom and dad because she is such a bright star to us everyday and she was SOOOOOO excited about it.
Cam had asked for a green or BOY dollhouse. He loves playing with alis stuff but wanted a boy version of things, so he got a big BATCAVE and a lot of Heroes to play with it like batman,and superman, and flash, and batgirl, and a bunch of others.
We were all spoiled and had such a great day. It was just fun getting to be together and play . We then had to drive up to fros sisters house in kaysville for lunch and play with the uncles and cousins. It was a fun day and we were all tired by the end of it!!

1 comment:

Tracie Bramhall said...

Wow what a wonderful Christmas. I got tired just reading all the blogs, you kept yourself busy. I love it though. That is what I love about the Fros, they are always doing something fun. I would have loved to see the Brown talent show, sounded hilarious. I also loved the white elephant gifts, I couldn't stop laughing when I read that you gave away your sisters stuff-very creative.