Thursday, March 19, 2009

Everything Green!!

After just returning from vacation, I didn't really think about what day of the week it was. Ali woke up very well aware that the "leprachaun" should be near by. I was not even thinking about St. Patricks day when my little neice Madison called to tell us her pancakes and milk were GREEN. Ali instantly started looking for any signs that a leprachaun was nearby. I never ever celebrated St. Patricks day as a kid, but now days, I guess all holidays are fair game to kids. Ali was devastated when she couldn't find any sign of magic, leprachauns or gold. I should have realized it when my other niece has been planning to catch a leprachaun for months now, but I didn't even think about it!! OOPS!! So as Ali worried all morning where "HER" leprachaun could be I told her that maybe he is at the school waiting to suprise her. She was a little more enthused, and kept asking why she is the ONLY kid who doesn't have a leprachaun come to their house. Well this year we did have a leprachaun come, and boy was he sneaky, and magical, and very redeemed!! He came and left magical glitter clovers all over the house, with magical headbands, and he kept magically turning everything green. The toilet water turned green- (He had to go to the bathroom some time), the Macaroni and cheese turned green, and the milk also turned green!
It ended up being a very green day, and magical for us. Ali spent the entire day trying to figure out where he had gone, and if he was related to her Christmas Elf Phinney!! She is convinced that he is friends with Tinkerbell because they are both green!! She is so funny!

2 comments:

Kevin + Marcy said...

Hahaha. "The mile turned green." I love it!

Raising Helm said...

Yea, the "mile"- I was a bit confused until I looked at the picture and realized you meant MILK- You are a good mom, and yes everyone has to go to the potty even if they squat ha ha ha-It's a good thing everything worked out on green day at the Derrick house. We could have had to deal with some childhood wounds. What happened to all of the choc kisses?