Thursday, March 19, 2009

What a Weekend of Fun!

This last weekend we got to head out away from the snow and go to sunny St. George. We had been anticipating this weekend for a while and were so excited to go. We usually go a couple times a year and the last time we got away I was 9 months pregnant with Cam and we had expected to have him on the way there or back, but didn't thank goodness- Fro wanted to name him Philly D if we had him in Fillmore, or BVD if we had him in Beaver. That was a great blessing that we didn't have him on that last adventure!!

We usually stay in Green Valley at the Sports Village and we love it there. My whole family goes and we just have a great time together. We play tennis, go biking, play shuffleboard, shop, eat out, go to the park- whatever- it is great!!
We found this park that just was built and it had the coolest equipment to play on. I don't know who liked it more, The kids or the adults. The swings are on a pulley and just launch you if you are with someone heavier than you- it was so fun!
My favorite part of the trip was watching Ali ride her first official big kids dirt trail. She was so excited to ride along side her dad. She had a mini camel back, her "bikin' " gloves, and her pads just like her dad wears. She was so AWESOME! She would come to a steep hill and not even hesitate for a second. She rode it all, and had such a blast. Her cousin Madison rode with them too, and they could have riden all day. It was so GREAT!


~Ali ridin her little SPECIALIZED~


~Riding with her dad on the Bear Claw Poppy Trail in St. George~



We had to ride in style, with Alis' movies, or she would get
so car sick, and puke! Been there done that already!



All the kids love playing on the luggage racks.
I am suprised we haven't gotten kicked out for
our races we do with all the kids. It is so fun!

Another highlight of the trip was Noah (barely 4)
learned to ride with out training wheels. I teased his dad
that his back would be killing by the end of this trip, but Noah
mastered the bike in about 5 minutes- seriously- He rocked!
Cam loved St. George and especially the pool!

Fro and I ended up with most of the kids for a
little game of shuffleboard!
We had a great time, and the weather was fantastic. We love
St. George. It was fun to have my whole family there and especially
to play tennis EVERYDAY with my dad!







3 comments:

Raising Helm said...

Okay, where is the part about me and playing tennis? Hmmm I'll be sure to be careful as to whom I include in my "journaling"-j/k cute pictures and I think it is time to get Ali a "new bike" she is tearin' it up out there, crazy and daring just like...okay a little of you and a little of Fro. She does everything in style-watch out! next she'll be setting the new style trend by wearing pants under her skirts...ha ha she is adorable and can get away with that. Right! She has you wrapped around all of your fingers. Sucka!

Raising Helm said...

Yes, i checked my blog on my night of relaxation. Hope you enjoyed your FAT sandwich and the view from the car. love ya-i do think I am a bit funny so you better be laughin'

Kirstin said...

Ali looks so adorable in her bike get-up!! Seriously. I'm sooooo jealous you went on a fun adventure south. I want to go so bad.

Cam is pretty brave to play in those tennis balls. What a cute kid.