Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wedenesdays whats on my mind!

I've decided that I needed to branch away from the usuall- Ali and Cam blog. Although they are
pretty much the greatest parts of my life, I have come to realize there is a lot of my life that isn't documented! so I am going to dedicate Wednesdays to my own blog of "Whats on MY mind!"
So here goes...................................
At church I am a Miamaid Advisor in Young Womens and continually find myself laughing, learning, and loving all the girls. I think the greatest part about the Young Women is I see myself in different parts of each of them. I have two young women who are just graduating and I keep thinking to myself-- they have this brand new adventure ahead of them, and I wonder where they will end up. I have come to truly love these girls and it will be really hard to say goodbye, but a huge part of me just anticipates where their life is going to go. I just take a big breath and have faith knowing Heavenly Father has a plan.
Which makes me think--is this what he has planned for me? Does anyone else ever wonder - Am I doing what I am supposed to be doing?? Living the life I am supposed to live?? Doing all that I am supposed to do???
I think I might really be reflecting on my life because in 2 months I turn 30, and I keep thinking-- THAT IS HUGE!! this is a huge turning point in my life. Then I step back and say- or it is just another birthday, that you adventure out of your 20's. I think I just never wanted to leave my twenties, or I just never wanted to leave my teens for that matter!
I think life has so much that changes daily, I am just glad I do have my staples: My family( all inclusive, my husband, Ali and Cam, my sisters who I can't live without, and throw my brothers in there too- and don't forget Sunny and Pappa ), my friends that I have had since the fourth grade (you know who you are- that in itself has been a huge blessing in my life) ,and all the people I met after the fourth grade, and my knowledge of the gospel. All of which over the last 30 years have made me who I am.
So looking ahead I am excited for whatever comes, and it is up to me to make the adventures I am going to have. Like weekly adventures to Target and Walmart!! Or my newest adventures of helping Cam learn to walk, and descipher what it is he is pointing at!
Mother hood is one of the greatest adventures that we are offered and I am truly trying not to miss any moments of it. I know from the first go around with Ali that time flies, and I can't slow down life. So I have to enjoy the ride even if I am going to be 30, and I haven't swam with dolphins yet!

3 comments:

Raising Helm said...

First of all-I love the "What's on my mind Wednesdays"- Brilliant!!!You have plenty of time to swim with dolphines...I KNOW you are one amazing woman, sister, mother, wife, leader, daughter, and example and so does evryone around you. You are success! and if I have to buy you a OVERSIZED trophey to proof it, bygolly I will. I love you!!!!!!!!

Hollie said...

Hey, 30 is going to be awesome. It's like your entrance into real life, real family, you're really a mom. I think it will be great. And life is great as a mom, you make a lot of sacrifices and actually give up who you are because who you are is dependant on your kids and spouse, but what the heck. It's only for 20 years, then we'll have to start all over figuring out who we are and what we want to do right? Seriously, being a woman is one big identity crisis after another.

Tanya said...

I like that you are doing "what's on your mind" Wednesdays. I think my blog is probably pretty boring talking all about the kids. Maybe I'll have to borrow your idea...but I'll choose a different day other than Wednesday:). I'm so glad you are back in Young Women's. You are so amazing with the girls and a great example.