Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wedenesdays whats on my mind!

For anyone who doesn't know, I have decided to make Wednesdays my day to blog my mind.
I don't want my history to be all Ali and Cam, so I am adding a little insight to ME!!
Every Wednesday!!
So this last week I have had a few instances when I have LOVED realizing that I will never truly know the ones I love the most!! At first it made me think I didn't know enough about the people I care the most about, but then I realized it is LIFE, and Life is ever changeing. I had a girls night with my sisters and my mom last week and my sister Heather and I were talking to my mom asking her some basic questions and I found a whole new side to my mom I never knew. I always thought she grew up in the world of brothers and hand me downs only to realize she has a SHOE fasination that her and her mom shared!! They would go out and buy 10-12 pairs of shoes at a time!! Who does that especially back then!! I had no idea about my mom and my grandmas love for shoes. She sat explaining her favorite pair, and I loved pictureing my mom and grandma trying on shoes.
Then a couple of days ago I sat with my 6 best friends that I have grown up with since the 4th grade, and we of course reminisced all of our favorite memories only to find out there are chapters to all of us that we all don't know about. I loved hearing my best friend Lindsay and SJR went skinny dipping in the Sea of Gallilee!! Who ever knew!! I have known them almost my whole life and still continue to find new depths to them!! I think Sarahs husband was even more shocked than I was to find that out!!
I have great love knowing I do know many little intimate things about the people I love, and I love knowing they know all the dirt on me! I realize though that I don't know the simple things to all of them. Their favorite candy, their favorite movies, their favorite music, the other stuff! So that is my newest goal!! To really truly, deeply know the ones I love!!
So for anyone reading this and to my kiddos, I will tell you my littlest things about me and see if you knew!!
I love Junior mints, I have a box a day- seriously I should own stock in them!
I read a book almost weekly - my favorite are mysteries
I think that my taste in music is ever changing- I hear the most of High School Musical
purely for Ali, but I love chillin music- nothing that screams at me!
I wish I was actually good at the things I love doing- tennis, biking, violin, but I keep trying!!
I am happiest when I have food in my stomach- if I don't eat- watch out!!
I don't like driving slow- it drives me crazy
I bruise really easily- and Fro says I am a bananna
My favorite food is probably anything Mexican- and I eat at Cafe Rio every weekend!
and of course-- I still want to swim with dolphins!!

3 comments:

cyrie said...

Junior mints are my fave. I buy a case of them at Costco and keep a couple boxes in the freezer. They are good cold. It is my favorite treat to eat at the movie and Owen teases me because he thinks they taste like chocolate covered toothpaste. What a weirdo.

Raising Helm said...

Chocolate covered toothpaste? that is awesome!!! nicely said, but I still love them, not as much as you of course. I do have to say that I passed the question/answer. Yeah for me. I agree though that sometimes it is the small things that are important. Ask me anything...

Kevin + Marcy said...

Pretty please, let's all go out to the Rio soon, k?