Tuesday, December 29, 2009

911 EMERGENCY


Always on the Move- this little guy!!
I have to mention an incident that happened last week. Cam loves to play with my phone and it usually keeps him busy for at least 5 minutes. So he had my phone and I jumped in the shower. I heard it ringing and figured it was just Fro calling me back. As I dried off and listened to my message I was really suprised to hear," Hello this is 911 emergency, I am returning a call we got from this number. I am trying to verify if there is an emergency at this number. Please call me back."
I quickly called the number they gave me back and told them that my little one year old accidentally called them. I apologized and had to verify who I was and where I lived for about 5 minutes. After that was all cleared up me and Ali couldn't believe he managed to dial 911. I realized I had to have Ali to school and headed out the door. As I pushed the garage door opener I saw a cop car pull up to my house. Oh no- I thought- what now!! The cop came up to me and asked if everything at our residence was fine. I again explained what had happened and apologized. He told me that no matter what they have to follow up on EVERY call the really verify everything is fine! He said I would be suprised at how many people call and call back when they are being threatened to call back and say they are fine and they really are not. I was pretty impressed!! I was more embarrassed though as he watched me load my kids in the car and wait to verify that I was fine!! Thank goodness for police officers who do a good job!! Cam is now off limits to the phones!

No comments: