Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ruby


My little sister Brittany went on a trip to Disneyland over Thanksgiving so she asked us if we would watch her puppy Ruby. Well we were trying to decide if we maybe wanted to get one for Christmas, so we thought it would be perfect to see if having a dog is something we wanted. So Ruby came over and it was a big event. The main rule we were given by my sister was to not let her go on the carpet. She isn't allowed at her house and she didn't want her getting out of that habit. So Ali took great care of her and wouldn't leave her side all day. At one point she finally said, "Mom can you come over and sit by Ruby while I go to the bathroom?" I explained that she didn't need to be watched every second. we just needed to make sure she didn't go on the carpet or furniture. It was hilarious because Ali got so stressed out every time little Ruby set foot on the carpet. She would start screaming "NO RUBY off the carpet!" I thought it was hysterical. Finally I told her Ruby would learn we just had to be firm with her. Well as the week went on Ruby got a little smellier and smellier as Ali put it. She said,"Mom I would pet her more if she didn't stink! It was a great learning week for us and every two seconds I turned around to catch Cam drinking out of the water bowl and sneaking dog food!

Ruby quickly became very fond of the "spoiled " life we were giving her because I would go down stairs and came to find out she was loving life on our outtoman!- sorry Britto! I would say - Pillow Ruby- that is where she napped- and immediately Cam would run over and lay his head down on her pillow- it was so funny!
We loved her and loved watching the kids be with her. By the end of the week I asked Ali if she still wanted a dog, and she said, "No thank You!"
So we had a great learning opportunity that worked out good for us!!
Thanks for the loaner puppy britt!

2 comments:

Raising Helm said...

Oh my goodness! I never knew it was that much fun for you guys. I am just grateful it all worked out and there were no "poop" problems. Not sure about Cam's issues after drinking the water. Hmmmm...sorry! Thank you again and again. I love the pictures and Ruby is definitely missing the pampered life. Thanks for taking one for the team. And ALi for putting up with her! love ya

Krystal said...

You are way to nice. I think dogs are cute, but I would never watch one even for family. I am not a animal person. Thats nice that your little princess Ali doesn't want a dog for Christmas. I mean that would of been more work for you then anyone. I guess it was worth watching the dog if it made Ali not want one. Sounds like fun. As for that little man of yours Cam...he is all boy!