Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The love of Ali

I just got home from working and was giving a big hug to Ali when she held me even tighter and said," I want you to know I love you even when your not here." I said,"I was thinking the same thing when I was at work about how much I love you." then she held me tighter and said, "I will love you even when your not here and when your with Heavenly Father." I said, " Am I going to see Heavenly Father soon or something?" And she smiled and said, "Yes he loves you and misses you." Tears started welling in my eyes and I said," So am I going to see him soon?" and she said, "Yes, but I will Love you always." I instinctively said," will you take care of Dad and Cam if I were to leave and go to Heavenly Father and she simply said Yes and we will Love you."
I know children are always close to the veil, but little moments like this whether they are real or just something they say, it makes me stop and think about my life and my family. If something does happen to me soon, just know two things- Ali is really close to being psychic, or close to her Heavenly Father and secondly- I love so many people in my life and I couldn't imagine life without the Gospel!!

3 comments:

Kevin + Marcy said...

Well that certainly brought tears to my eyes, and Kris, you better be stayin' put for quite a while. What a precious moment with Ali!

Raising Helm said...

Sobbing, crying, tears billowing, blubber face...Yes, my eyes are filled with tears at the moment. Brooke told me not to read it, but of course I had to. It is always a reality moment when things like that are put into perspective. Even when you don't want to really think about it. It amazes me that a sweet 6 year old would have that kind of perspective. You never know what it really means. I love you so much! And yes, you better be staying put. Need to go dry the eyes. Love Love Love!!!!

Krystal said...

Crying...still crying. That was such a touching story. Wow Ali, you are just one sweet girl. What a blessing it is to have our little ones, the Lord, our families and each other. Thanks for sharing. Truly precious