Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The fortune Cookie!!


I have to share my latest, what kind of mom am I moment. Last week we went out to eat chinese food and of course we got fortune cookies. Ali opened hers first and it said, "something great will happen on tuesday!" She got so excited and couldn't wait the 5 or 6 days till it was Tuesday again. I opened mine and Fro opened his and they were the same things- so of course we tossed them! Well my sweet little Ali not only held onto her little fortune, but brought it out of her pocket daily to remind herself that something great will happen on tuesday. Everyday for those 5-6 days she carried her little fortune. I couldln't believe she still had it by the time monday came around. On monday she said, "Yes mom tomorrow is tuesday and something great is going to happen!!" That night I layed down next to fro and said, "so tomorrow is Tuesday and something great is going to happen- is this something I am supposed to intervene on?" His response was, " something great is going to happen and I hope you have something great planned." I don't know how much I slept because I was thinking of what I could take to her school to suprise her, or have a neighbor sneak a treat to our house , and on and on. The next morning I didn't say anything to remind her of this big day. After I dropped her off I called my sisters to get their info. My wise LITTLE sister just laughed her head off at me. She said that if I intervene I am just putting her little trust in Fortunes, and adding one more belief to the world of Fairies, and elves and everything else. Then she said what was most important- she said that Ali could find something that was great in her day, and if nothing great happened than i could do something with her to make it great and it wouldn't be mysterious or magical, it would be me making it happen!! She is so wise!!
So after fretting a little more on having a possible back up plan so my little girls hopes wouldn't be dashed I decided I would leave it up to her to find somethinG gREAT in her day.
After worrying way to much about it I went to pick her up from school. As she came running out I was praying that something great would have happened!! As she got to me she said, "Guess what the great thing that happened to me today was?" I said "What?" and she said, " I made a new friend today!!!"
It was the happiest moment of my whole day. I was laughing at myself and how much I didn't want her day to be bad, when all along it was Great with out me!!

2 comments:

Raising Helm said...

I am still laughing. I am a sincere and sensitive person you know, I just had a feeling that this could go a bit far and maybe a bit too long. Hey I don't want to dash the dreams of faries and elves or Ali for that matter. Magic is fun! but a bad fortune could come along and Wednesdays may be feared. you never know. j/k I love you and thanks for saying I am wise. YOu are the sweetest mom ever!!! times a million

Krystal said...

OK first off Cam calling 911...is too funny! I can not beleive it. As for that story, can it be any better? I'm glad you wrote it down, becuase that is just too cute! You are such a good mom. Hear I was reading it, thinking oh no she forgot to do something good...when really your sister is right and it all worked out on it's own. I think the Lord might of had his hand in it too. Ali is such a sweet girl, and the hope of a child is amazing. Thanks for reminding me that good things happen everyday and it's all about the way we see it. Also your family is so cute. YOu guys do such fun things together. I'm glad it was a good Christmas. Happy New Year!!!