Thursday, June 3, 2010

Field Day


Last week was Alis' last week of school and they had their annual Field Day. Last year we opted to let Ali stay home because of her Asthma, because field day isn't very fun for kids with Asthma. This year however we were suprised to see the excitment she had about going to field day. She told us that kids were practicing doing the running fast. I personally was nervous for her to go run around all morning, but she was very excited.

I got a call the day before asking if I would come help, and personally I was a little relieved that I could be there to make sure she was doing okay. So with her inhaler packed in her jacket and her Hat she was off to field day!!

They lined all the third graders up first, than the second and last the first graders. They lady explained to follow the fence around the school and the finish line was on the other side. So off they went!! Kids were trampled, kids were running crazy, and there was my little Ali in her pink hat running right along the fence. All the other kids were cutting corners, and skipping parts and going wild. It was adorable to watch Ali in her own little stride follow exactly where she was told to go. As they all started coming in I noticed many kids had stopped, were walking and that she had passed a lot of kids. I was so proud of her for doing so great and amongst other things so relieved that her Asthma wasn't a problem for her.

She ran the 50 yard dash and I was so excited that she was in second place until she stopped and looked at me and the other girl passed her putting her into third. When she came over empty handed she was a little bummed and i told her the judge has a whole bunch of girls running at her at the same time it is really hard to tell who wins and who came in when. She didn't seem to worried just glad she loved running. She decided she loved doing the races she wanted to run around the block when she got home- and she did!!

The next day I picked up Ali from school and asked her how her day was. Her face lit up and said, "Well pretty good, I got this!!" she pulled out her 2nd place ribbon for the Fun Run. She was so excited!! She said that they announced in the end of the year assembly the winners of the fun run and they called her name. I knew she did good, but I didn't know she did that good!! At first I thought they gave them to all the kids to make them feel good, but then my neighbor told me how awesome she did and that they only gave them to the first second, and third place kids in their grades. I was so proud of her, and amazed that this little girl we always discouraged from running to hard, did amazing!!! Good job Ali, we will never slow you down again!!!
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Raising Helm said...

Do they get to wear hats at school? Ali cracks me up. She is def your daughter. Love the field day