Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Swimming Lessons


Ali is turning seven next month and we still HAD one thing she would NOT agree to do before then. She loves swimming, but she never gets her face wet. She will not stick her face under water. We recently started talking more and more about baptism since it is a year away, and Ali officially announced "I can't get baptized then because I am NOT getting my face wet!!"
After a lot of discussions about swimming and how much fun it will be she finally agreed to take lessons from one of our neighbors, who is great, and was her primary teacher. She agreed on the condition that it would be her and her cousins. I am so grateful for cousins that can help get my daughter excited for things!!

So after her first day, she not only was dunking her self under water, but she was gliding, floating on her back, and holding her breath under the water for at least 5 seconds!! It was exciting. She loved it and loves that she gets to go everyday!!!

1 comment:

Raising Helm said...

YEa! good job. I love the baptism deal. Hopefully the cousins stick around so they can all help one another through those "moments" in life. I am very impressed. Steve and i will be talking about lessons on Friday. Noah is excited about the idea. We shall see!