Saturday, December 10, 2011

"live like no one else so you can live like no one else"

Okay I am going to be a hypocrite for a minute!! Last year my little sister was on a HUGE Dave Ramsey kick. They had a strict budget and we all got really tired of hearing "it's not in our budget!" Well after they overcame a huge amount of debt in 18 months we realized that if we save as well as they budgeted we could really get ahead. So as a family we all started watching the Dave Ramsey teaching videos. I wasn't super thrilled at first but it really has helped to focus on down the road where you want to be and being in control of your money. Two areas i don't really focus on. After doing our budget,which by the way was really fun with fro not working, We decided to make several changes. Fro continued to push selling the truck to have 2 paid for cars. He really pushed being debt free. I kept dragging my heals because lets face it, I LOVE MY TACOMA! I have always loved it and being an '04 with 53 K miles I was pretty proud of it!! I kept hoping he would grow out of this debt free faze and we would keep it. But realizing that "IF we live like no one else, later we will live like no one else" - dave Ramsey- I realized not only will it help us save now and get ahead and be debt free but it is also what the prophets have been encouraging us to do. So i said good bye to my wonderful, beautiful, freakin awesome truck and said Hello to our first step to being 100% debt free!! Next goal-- the House!!

1 comment:

SJ said...

Tell me more! What are you going to do about the house? I've listened to his radios shows sometimes when I am in the car and also read his book. What are the videos?