Monday, September 14, 2009

The things in Life

My little sister reminded me on her blog, that Life is
so short and we have to always cherish what we have.
On Saturday I was privileged to attend the funeral of
an amazing example of Christ. She is my new sister in-
laws sister in law- did you follow!! her name is Brittney
Drakulich and I only had the privilege of meeting her
a few times, but every time was honestly inspiration,
and a feeling of Heaven close by. I remember the first
time I met her she was extremely tired, and had a scarf
over her bald little head. She was so frail, and I could have
broke her arm just by squeezing. When I started talking to
her about her lifes' experience I was so taken back by
her countenance. She just radiated Christ and despite
all the pain and suffering she had been enduring and had
endured over 5 years, she was so amazingly at peace.
I walked away from her so appreciative of Christs plan
for all of us, and for his love for us. I immediately thought
about how I would feel knowing with a great assurity that
I would not get to raise my children. That they would live
the majority of their lives without me to hug and cuddle them.
That they would not ever know how much I loved them, and
wanted so badly to be with them all the time. Brittney left
behind a husband who adored her, and three beautful kids.
When she passed away the little girls asked if their mom
would finally get her hair back.
It is little things in life, and people that you are privileged to
know that makes you realize how blessed you are. I can't even
count my blessings, and I can't ever complain about any circumstance
i encounter, because truly the time I have had , has been a
huge blessing I couldn't ask for more.
I am so grateful for my knowledge of Christ,
and even more grateful that he is there waiting to embrace
us into his arms as one of his faithful children.
Thanks Brittney for all the inspiration, for the amazing
example of what life is really all about!!

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Thanks Kristin for making the tears come, I thought I almost made it through the day today. Aren't you glad we get to experience people like that in our lives, even if it is for a short time?

Krystal said...

I kid you not as I read that post my whole body got chills. I just started to cry. How do you do that...how do you leave your kids and husband and have to say good-bye? My heart goes out to them and I pray they will be ok and be blessed to feel her love throughout their life. She sounds like an amazing person.On one end it must be so nice to know she is out of pain. What a hard road for that husband. I try really hard to thank the lord for all I have, and to just live up every moment I have.I too could be better. Thanks for the reminder. I don't even know them, but feel like I should tell you to send my love. If nothing else their story touched one more persons life. Thank you!

Raising Helm said...

Very sweet, I want to cry each time I think about her family. Thanks for being there Kris, you are an amazing sister. Love ya!