Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ali is 7


Ali is officially SEVEN!! It is so crazy having a seven year old. Every year I can't imagine her getting any older, and of course she does. It amazes me how much she changes every year and how smart she gets every day. She is my best bud and I love her so much. She always knows exactly how to make me feel good, and how to make me smile on the spot. I love her so much.
For her birthday this year she wanted a TENNIS party. I had a few other things going on so we decided the easiest thing to do was celebrate her party on Saturday when all of her cousins and aunts and uncles would be here. So Thursday night when I was still getting over my food poisoning Fro took Ali and Cam to see Toy story 3 (which they loved) and then on her actual birthday I kicked off her big day by decorating her room before she woke up and had her one breakfast request - a glazed donut- with a candle waiting for her!!

After opening a few presents we had planned to go swimming with a few of her favorite cousins. We headed over to the AF pool and had some swimming fun. Since she has officially learned to swim it has been a lot funner for her.

On Saturday we headed to Park City. We told Ali she could choose something she wanted to do and the first thing she said was "Ride the Alpine Coaster!"
We went up last year with her and she loved it so much. This year we were really hoping Cam could go too, and luckily he could!!

We went on the Alpine Slide first so that the Coaster was that much funner and after the first run both Ali and Cam said "AGAIN". It was a lot of fun, and I don't know who loved it more Ali or Cam. He kept saying Faster, Faster!!


After the Alpine slide and Coaster we went and did a little birthday shopping. We told Ali she could choose a few outfits for her birthday and it was so fun to watch her walk around and figure out "her style". She loves choosing things to go together, and it is fun to see what she thinks goes together!!

After Park City we headed home to decorat for our TENNIS PARTY!!
We themed everything yellow and green with balls, raquets and even a tennis ball cake made by me!! I don't know that I will ever do that again, I am not very good at them!!

We even had some Tennis ball cupcakes!! they were pretty delicious!!


Every year I make the kids a video of them over the last year, and it has become one thing they both look forward to. Ali loves watching all that she did the last year and it is fun to see all the fun the all have together. I get so sad making it because it just reminds me how fast time flys, but I love seeing how much they grow and change and are just so dang cute!!

this year Ali was thinking of what game she would want to play and came up with the idea that she wanted people to run around with cones on their heads and kids could try and hit them off their heads with tennis balls. I laughed so hard at the idea, but laughed even harder watching her uncles (good sports!) running around with cones on their heads getting pelted by a bizzillion balls. It was hysterical!!

We then had a few uncles kneel down and the kids took turns trying to knock off the cones- again Hylarious-- the poor guys got hit at all angles- it was a lot of fun!!

Ali took cover under a box at one point and it was so funny!

We let Ali blow out her Tennis Ball cake and everyone enjoyed some cake and cupcakes!

I am pretty sure that Cam enjoyed them the most. I couldn't find him for some time then I finally looked outside and he was eating any and all cupcakes that didn't get eaten. He also was shoveling it in his mouth with the tennis racket decoration. He is so funny.


Then came the presents. Ali gets so excited about the presents, and what kid doesn't. But in church one week they told of a story of a kid who didn't say thank you or appreciate things that were given to him and Ali was really worried about making sure she said thank you. It was cute to watch her stop after every present and give that person a hug or a huge thank you. she is such a good kid!!


We had a busy weekend and celebrated for THREE days, but it was so fun and Ali deserves the best. She is the greatest daughter anyone could ask for. She has been such a great blessing to me in so many ways and I love her so much. Ali you are my bestest bud and I thank Heavenly Father for you EVERYDAY!!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday, Ali!

Raising Helm said...

You are such a good mom Kris-you deserve great kids and even more kids. Doesn't Fro see what amazing kids you bring into this world? Goodness! It was a great party and I am glad Ali had a good time. We sure love you guys!