Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Cool Tooth


It finally happened- Ali lost her "cool" tooth!! What made it so cool- well she got the nickname the "cool" tooth from her dentist when he saw it for the first time. Her top tooth was a fused tooth with another tooth. she had one extra tooth on top that was hooked to her front tooth. No one really noticed but the dentist thought it was one of the coolest teeth he ever saw and made a point to point it out to everyone when she went in for her cleanings.
Last week we were playing and she kept showing me how loose it was and finally I told her we just needed to yank out her "cool" tooth. As I looked closer I realized that her big tooth under it was already coming in. It was time!! So with a couple twists and yanks- it came right out!! she immediately started crying and I apologized if it her her and she said, "they are happy tears!" She was so happy, but so sad and said, "will I still be Cool?" It was so cute to see that she was worried about still being cool!! I Love her!!

Later that night I got really bad food poisoning and was puking and not doing well at all. As the night progressed and I progressively got worse and worse i told fro that the tooth fairy would be coming!!! He looked at me and said, "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??" I explained that she would be waiting all night and that the tooth fairy needed to bring LOTS of money because it was he Cool tooth that she lost. He then asked how much the fairy would bring since it was a big deal and I told him whatever I had in my wallet. I then told him that the fairy brings fairy dust also. I then had to explain where that was and what he did with it.
As the it got later and later and I got up to throw up I kept asking if the fairy had come yet. He replied that the fairy almost woke her up and hadn't yet. Then again later I asked again and still nothing- I reminded him that she will be checking under her pillow all night and it is a BIG DEAL TO a little girl!! finally at almost 6:00 am he left and came right back. As i said thanks i felt this little tap on my arm. I looked over to see Alis' bright smiling face looking at me. She was so excited that the tooth fairy finally came. she showed me some rolled up money and told me she even felt the fairy slide its arm under her pillow.
Knowing she came in within seconds of Fro I asked if she saw the fairy, and she smiled and said she didn't want to scare "HIM" away so she didn't look!! I asked if the fairy left any dust and she said not this time. I looked at Fro sleeping on his pillow and said "the fairy didn't leave any dust!" immediately he said, "ali let me see that money- OH LOOK WHAT I FOUND in the money- FAIRY DUST!" It was so funny!! Ali kept smiling and I asked her what she was smiling about, and she said "I think you or dad are the tooth fairy." My only response was "I have been in here puking all night, it definately isn't me!"

2 comments:

Chante said...

I was hysterically laughing at this post because Ava has been losing teeth lately and I totally know what it means to a little girl and how I am the one that always does it. Very cute.....

Raising Helm said...

Oh the days of loosing teeth. Drama and excitment all packed into the little things. Finally the cool tooth has made its departure. Good job Ali!