Saturday, December 20, 2008

Down, but NOT OUT!!

Since I have had a cold since THANKSGIVING, and I managed to ruin my back, things have been a little low key for us. Ali has been getting a little antsy to get out and do something. So last week she wanted to go swimming so bad that she put my yoga mat on the treadmill and pretended it was a swimming pool. She was really practicing her stroke,
and I must say she was getting better and better!!

So Saturday night - despite all of Fros cryptosporidum fears we headed to the pool. My dad is friends with everyone and he asked the local Hampton Inn girls if we could come swim in their pool. Maybe out of towners have a less likely chance to be carrying Crypto-??? Who knows!!
So we took Ali and Cam and headed to the pool!

It was Cams first time in the pool, and He LOVED it.
I even thought the hot tub would be to much for him, but not this kid-
He LOVED it all.

And of course we can't go anywhere without at least one cousin!
So Brooke and Madi came to make it even more fun!!



Having a ball in the pool!!





Brooke and Madison!


Our family was starting a new tradition. My sister Brittany
really wanted to have a gingerbread house contest. So
each family had to make their own house for a family night
and bring it to our family party to be judged by my mom
and Dad!! I think it turned out pretty good!


Alis' best creation was the heart shaped window with the candy canes.


Ta- Da!!


Then Ali had her "Jingle Jam" at school on Friday. She got to wear little elf ears and sing the cutest little songs with the whole kindergarten. She told me after that she was really nervous there were so many people there. Pappa and Sunny came out in the blizzard to support her and that was so great. Don't you just love Christmas Time!!



Last Night we had our annual Brown Family Auction. It is a tradition that we always look forward to every year. Everyone in the family brings 2 good gifts, and 2 bad gifts. You wrap them up so no one knows what is good, and what is not so good. We play games to earn some money and then the bidding begins. You use the money you earned to buy whatever you want. The best part is you never know if what your spending all your money is good or not. Sometimes you luck out, and sometimes you end up with a freaky Gingerbread doll that haunts our auction.

One thing Dan ended up with a cool beanie my sister knitted
or chroched whatever you call it. She had made one for Ali and Madi too, but Dan
was the real winner- Look at how awesome that is!!


My cute Dad and Sister Brittany


Another thing my family does is called "MUG MANIA". Everyone
brings a mug with whatever you want in it. ANd we have this story that
says right and left a whole bunch of times. So the kids were trying it out this year and we
learned they need some work on thier right and left hands. They had
a great time though. We also take what my mom calls "Mug Shots" and each of
us have to pose with a sign that says- We got Mugged 2008. We have pictures of everyone clear back to Forever!! It is pretty fun to look back and see each person change!


Here they are with their mugs ready to begin passing!












4 comments:

Spackman's said...

ok you got the cutest picture I didn't get one of Damon lol. So I was glad to see ali, damon,& kelton. They are so cute! I love that she was swimming on the tread mill that was so cute ha ha

SJ said...

What fun traditions with your family. Looks like a fun month, even with your back.

cyrie said...

What a fun family!

Raising Helm said...

WOW! that was a record for your longest blog, I think? did I miss a comment section? Anyway-you have been quite busy despite your "disabilities"- I love the swimming, the jam, the gingerbread(Reed is still wanting to know when we are bringing it back home)the traditions and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the knitted goodies-she is amazing-ha ha well props with the blogs-hope you are feeling mighty fine!love ya and I love that your friends just have to say "what a fun family" that's how long your blog is