Thursday, December 4, 2008

One Tough Guy!

Cam just turned 7 months old and had to go in for his booster flu shot today. Ali did her usuall pep talk of " Just be brave Cam." He went in and the nurse talked about how cute he was over and over again, every mom loves that! Then I said it was to bad he would be screaming like a girl in a minute. She then pulled out the needle, as I held his arms. She jabbed it in and then......................Nothing!!! He looked at the nurse for a second and then just smiled. I don't know if it is his CHUBBY legs (because he wieghs over 20lbs- yes that is correct) but he didn't even flinch! What a tough little fella- Way to go Chubby Bubba!

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Man, that makes getting shots a whole lot easier. You better remember that story to tell him when he's 5 and petrified of the dang things.

Spackman's said...

Oh he is so brave! Good pep talk Ali you are the best sister. I can't believe he weighs over 20 lbs lol. I love it :) And the nurse is right he is so cute

Chante said...

Wow, he is one brave little man! I have noticed one thing different here in AZ is that they give shots in babies arms rather than the leg. I think at like his 6 or 9 mos visit they went for his arms and I was trying to argue with them and tell them to go for the leg, but she wouldn't do it! It totally scared me because the legs are so much bigger! Anyways, everything went fine, but I still don't like that they do it that way here!

Raising Helm said...

What a cute chubba bubba! I love the pep talks and Cam is really cute-no doubt about it

Krystal said...

What a brave boy! He is so cute in that picture with his big brown eyes. I hate the shots, it makes me so sad. I guess he is already looking after his mom, and making it easy on you by not crying. Boys do that, and you'll love it. Girls are so fun, but boys are your little guys full of none stop love, hugs, and kisses. Girls will you know girls are the best, but yet so emotional. Im glad you have one of each. And about that 20lbs what do you feed the kid!!!