Wednesday, January 28, 2009

He Eats ANYTHING!!

Cam is almost 9 months old, and he seriously eats ANYTHING in his path!
Even Ali!! The last two nights we officially were told by our d
octor that he should be sleepingthrough the night.
I hadn't even registered that I was way past letting him
getting away with waking up every 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours!!
Yes I havebeen waking up every 2-4 hours to feed him
and I have been spoiling him rotten.
I figured he is a big dude and needed some food.
- OOPS!
So yesterday Fro and I decided to make him sleep.
I hate this phase of parenthood.
But I do need my sleep.
So we layed him down around 9:00ish and let him cry.
He was fed and happy, and then........
Not so Happy for over an hour.
He kept crying and crying for an hour.
We would go in every 15-20 minutes and try and calm him down,
but he was ticked!!
Finally I gave in and went to feed him a little.
I felt bad because he had his shots
that morning, he has his burnt foot,
and he is teething, and I am just a sucker.
So finally he started to calm down.
I knew he wasn't hungry so I just let him cry longer.
And finally SILENCE.
I loved the Silence. And the best part was he only woke up one time,
cried for a bit, but then was out.
And last night went even better.
He cried for all of 15 minutes.
Slept until 4:00 am- that doesn't happen,
and then went right back to bed!!!!!
Yeah- What a good little boy!!!
Hopefully he will keep this up,
I am way better when I have my sleep.
We call this his time out pose!
He doesn't roll, doesn't scoot,
but when we put him on all fours he just sits there,
like he is in TIME OUT!
It is so funny.
The doctor told me not to worry, but enjoy this time that he can't
crawl away from me. So I am loving it!!

6 comments:

Raising Helm said...

Go Kris Go!!! you are doing it! what a good mommy. ANd of course a good little Cam. I laugh every time I see Cam in that yoga position. It is even funnier when he is looking straight at the floor. Keep up the good work and those cookies are STILL delicious-Yep, I am eating them ALL.

Spackman's said...

I am so proud of you! IT is so hard to let them cry themselves to sleep but it sounds like he is ready to go! He is getting so big I can't believe it!

Tanya said...

Yeah! That's a big step. We're having sleeping trauma right now because Nate keeps flipping himself out of a crib. We put him in a big boy bed and now I see little eyes poking up over the edge of my bed around 2 AM every morning. BTW, Emma keeps asking when we can play with you guys. Let's get together soon.

Chante said...

I think I would have died by now......9 months! I am not a happy person with no sleep....with Brec he finally started sleeping through the night at 6 months and that was way too long for me! Just like you I was a sucker, but he would only wake up once a night up until 6 months. I can't believe you have been waking up that much! You have much more patience.....way to go, though and playing it tough and trying to get him to sleep through the night...it is hard to see your little guy so sad!

SJ said...

He is SO cute. I just want to squish his cheeks when I see his picture!

Tracie Bramhall said...

Great job! I am glad he wasn't too difficult about it. I hope it keeps up.