Monday, January 12, 2009

Ice Skating

My dad is the bishop of the singles ward in his area and they were all going ice skating as an activity and my dad thought it would be fun to have the grandkids around to meet some of them. So me and my sisters packed up the kids and headed down to Seven Peaks. Ali has gone ice skating two times before and loved it, so she was really excited.
Fro was such a trooper holding onto her for dear life as she tried to pull
him around the rink. It seriously is a killer on the back-
Thanks Babe!

My dad helped out my sister by taking one of her boys, and he put him on a cone and sent him spinning on the ice. The funniest part was he kept handing them off to some of the singles and my sister was going crazy trying to figure out where her boys were and who had them, and if they were okay- It was pretty crazy.

The best part of the night by far was when me and my sister had to feed our babies. There was no where to do it to inconspicuously so we went up top to some bleachers and put on our "Hooter Hiders"- that is what they are called, and we were just hanging out feeding them up on the second floor. Well a couple of single guys came up to look out over the rink, and they looked over at us and all of a sudden didn't know where to look as they realized we were nursing our babies- and it was suddenly super awkward for them and they didn't know how to get around us, or where to look, and me and my sister just started laughing at how hilarious it was- Good Times B- Good times- We have to laugh at life right???? There is nothing more attractive to a single guy than 2 women nursing their babies- Right!!!!-- It was AWESOME



3 comments:

cyrie said...

Ha Ha! Love the nursing story. I was laughing out loud at the term "hooter hiders"!!! Fun times...

cyrie said...

Oh ya, one time I was in the exam room with Dr. B while he was explaining something to a patient. He wanted me in there to answer any questions they had so he could get on to the next patient. Well, the wife of the patient wips up her blouse and latches the kid on right as Dr. B is looking at her. I was trying so hard not to giggle at his discomfort! Apparently she didn't know about hooter hiders!

Raising Helm said...

I do have to say we are pretty "extra" attractive with those "hooter hiders"-