Thursday, January 8, 2009

No Dairy till their 1- Is that a RULE!

So the other night we were having a family treat of Ice cream, and Cam being part of the family didn't like that he didn't get in on that action. So being the weak mom I am gave in and let him have a lick of my ice cream cone. I know the doctors say no dairy until they are one, but REALLY! So I let him lick the cone and then threw it into the garbage and turned around to see Cam super delighted by the treat, but also starting to swell up all over his face. I kept thinking it was just a rough patch of skin, and then it was EVERYWHERE. It kept getting worse, and I decided to let benadryl intervene. He had hives all over his face, and it was red and swollen all down his neck. Yikes- that is exactly what Ali did with peanuts!!! Lets just hope this isn't a milk allergy, I don't need another allergy to freak me out!!! You can't tell as well in the pictures because my camera battery was dead,
so these were taken a good 20-25 minutes after the benadryl kicked in.
Poor little buzz-a-boo!


6 comments:

Tracie Bramhall said...

OH NO!! That is the worst luck. I hope that it does not continue.

Lindsay said...

Yes. It's a rule. And one you should probably obey. :)
Also no honey and no watermelon.

Raising Helm said...

So I haven't commented for some time now. Way to go on the Christmas! how many people are in your family? j/k you look like quite the rocker couple, we will have to work on your skills though. wish I could have showed you up. just you wait. Happy new years to you and you get a bonus negative for the icecream. Poor Cam, but atleast there are no lasting symptoms...that we know of-Yet! j/k you are a good mom, a fantastic one at that.

Hollie said...

Oh, that's so lame. I haven't obeyed that rule with either of my kids. But I guess I'll have to be better. Hope it's not a milk allergy, you don't need anymore of those.

Spackman's said...

OH Kristen I am so sorry that is so sad :( I would have cheated too! ha ha

Cheryl said...

NO! I pray that it really isn't an allergy to milk. It is my hardest trial right now!!!