Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Living the Dream!

The other night Ali was planning out our activities for the following day, as she loves to do, and mentioned things she loves doing, and mentioned things that Fro likes- like biking-,then she stopped talking and said," Mom what are some things that you liked to do when you were little?" I thought for a second of things I LOVED doing besides barbies and remembered LOVING pretending to be a ice skater, or a gymnast in the olympics. I told her I used to go out on our trampoline when I was really little and I would put a jacket on and "PRACTICE" being a real ice skater or gymnast, and when it came time to perform, I would take off the jacket and that meant it was the real performance.
Well Ali loved the idea, and added that as her top "TO do" item of the day!
At 7:20ish in the morning she was up, and already to become a REAL ice skater. She got all dressed with the leotard, gloves, hat and of course slippers as ice skates and was ready to go. She told me that I needed to hurry and get in my outfit. Well I don't just have a cute ice skating outfit lying around. So I did the next best thing.................

Here is Ali performing her song. She lined up all her stuffed animals to be the judges and audience for our performance. She did real spins, and jumps- She was amazing!!
And this is solely for my sisters enjoyment and for Ali to always remember what I would do for her. I put on my best "ICE SKATING" outfit. My tankini top, a fat HOT PINK headband, my thermal tight leggings, and my black church slip--- I am hot, I know!! Before Ali saw me she said,"Make sure you look good mom!" No pressure. But as I came out with my attire on she said, "MOM you look BEAUTIFUL!!" You got to love kids!!


That picture was taken by Ali, Not the best angle,
but what do you do!! Notice the white gloves-
Ali says all Ice skaters have to wear gloves!!

5 comments:

Raising Helm said...

Pretty good, pretty good! yes, I laughed my head off, but nice "not so close up" picture of your hot attire. Still loved it though. I am glad that Ali is going to have no excuses to say you never did anything for her. YOU go far and beyond and then some...tankini may be the beyond part. (you look great though)I think I better be a judge next time though-

cyrie said...

You are such a good mama! And, you do look hot.

Chante said...

wow, I love the serious face! Looking good! You are a too good of mom...I would have been too lazy and said that I would just watch....wait to go on participating!

SJ said...

Hilarious!

Tracie Bramhall said...

This is hilarious. I hope there are more pictures of you in that outfit, and maybe some video of your performance. You are such a fun mom!