Saturday, February 7, 2009

What a Man!!!

This is where it all started!!!
Fro wanted to ride his BMX bike
so bad that he took it to my treadmill!!
Which lead him here........
To the RAD canyon BMX indoor RACE!!
He is SO great. One of the greatest things
I love about Fro is when he wants something,
He gets it. I can't think of anything he
has wanted to do/try/accomplish
that he hasn't just gone out and done!
He decided that he wanted to ride bikes
in the winter and mentioned BMX.
So I got him a bike for Christmas,
and the next thing I knew,
he was practicing riding it on the treadmill.
It made me laugh my guts out,
but he was so determined to do it.
So last night we headed out to his
FIRST BMX race,
and also the first time riding a BMX bike!
(other than the treadmill)
Who can say at age 31 they just
decided to take up BMX and entered
a race without ever even riding.
That is what I love about him.
He has so much determination,
and confidence in himself- it is amazing!!

Look at him!
He went from awesome Downhill racer,
to totally different bike,
different style, different terrain,
and he did GREAT!


We can't forget the cheering squad
and support my family
brought to the race!

Checking out the dirt before the race-



My brother bud, wanted to show
off his mad BMX skills,
or maybe it was his
RED SHOES!


Poor little Cam wasn't feeling to hot,
and had been to the doctor earlier,
but we didn't want to miss
the first time race!
He was a little TRooper-
Thanks little Cam- a- Bam
Some of the best cheerers!
I was excited for my nephews
to come because
they had riders starting as young as THREE!
They were so cute and amazing
to see little riders out there doing their best
on bikes that were probably to big,
and helmets that were WAY to big for them-
It was so cute!

My sister and Baby Jamison,
cheering on Uncle Fro!


It ended up being a long night
with a lot of racing,
but everyone were troopers
and stayed to cheer fro
on to Win Second place-
Thanks GUYS!!

We got to bring home a

SECOND place trophy!!
How amazing is that,

Never ridden BMX,

and took Second!
Way to go Babe,

you are inspiration to me!

I love ya!










3 comments:

Raising Helm said...

So cute! You won first place for support! We had a blast and it was very entertaining. Way to go Fro! I love the tredmill, can't wait to see if the skid mark up the wall is still there. ha ha ha- talk about determination. maybe I will wait until I am 31 to take up BMX biking. Once again-GOOD JOB!!! love the shoes, love the bag, love everything!

Cheryl said...

WOW! That is awesome! 2nd place...I wish I were talented enough to never do something and then try it and place! Good Job Fro!

Tracie Bramhall said...

This is just cool. I had no idea that he was going to race. WAY TO GO FRO. We would like to come watch next time. Let us know.