Monday, February 15, 2010

The Moments that I love


This morning was one of those moments that you just want to capture and never forget. It was one of those moments that makes you truly see what an amazing gift we are given as parents and charrish even more. It is a moment that you are somewhat in awe of. What is that moment.... the moment your daughter breaks down crying from memories of being with her Heavenly Father.
Ali has been very interested in stories of our lives. She loves hearing little facts and tidbits about my life growing up and Fros. This morning she came crawling into bed with me at 7:30 and wanted to cuddle and hear more stories. I was barely awake and asked what kind of stories she wanted to hear. She decided to hear about when she was born and little. She has heard the usuall your dad passed out when you were born, so I decided to branch off in another direction.
I started to tell her about when she was little. I had never told her the story about how she was actually a really hard baby because she had colic. I explained that her tummy was very grumpy and she would cry from one in the afternoon until at least midnight if we were lucky! It was cute to watch her not believe she was grumpy all the time. I told her how we used to play the sound of the vacuum that her grandma sunny made for her because it was the only thing to soothe her. She laughed at that piece of information and said how much she doesn't like the sound of the vaccum anymore! I told her how it was sometimes so hard for me because I would try everything to get her to stop crying and calm down.
I had never told her about the story of going to the lady who specializes in Craniosacral therapy. At this point I was willing to do all I could to help her and my mom heard this lady was amazing with babies. So me and my mom took Ali as a two or three month old to this massage therapist woman. She spent some time rubbing ali and looking at the condition Ali was in. I remember very vividly watching Ali instantly calm down. I looked at my mom as Ali cooed and made little mumbles I had never experienced before. I was truly in amazement at how relaxed this woman made my always irritated daughter. I explained to Ali how as she was relaxing her she stopped and looked at me. This woman who I had never met before in my life said, " I don't know anything about you, or what you believe, but I do know that I need to tell you that your daughter is just really homesick. She was not ready to leave her Heavenly Father."
I continued on telling Ali the rest of the story only to see her look back at me with tears running down her cheeks. I stopped the story and just held her so tight. I didn't know why there were these sudden tears. I just waited as her sobs got louder and louder. Finally after she stopped crying I asked her if she was ok. She looked at me with her tear filled eyes and said, "It was just so hard to leave, I just didn't want to go." I held her in my arms again now tears in my eyes. We both layed in my bed crying at the thought of Heaven. I told her that it all made a lot of sense because the week before she was due she flipped and amazing flip in my stomach so the doctor needed to do a c-section to get her out- she was not ready to come! We just layed for a long time both with tears and thinking about life before coming here. As we layed there I asked her if she remembered leaving Heaven and she told me she did remember leaving and how she just missed being there. She cried some more and said, "Mom it was just so hard for me, I really didn't want to leave I loved Heavenly father so much." I asked what she remembered and she said that she had a hard time, and she remembers seeing Heavenly Father standing there in all white. It was so amazing to me the memories just came across her face, I knew she really did remember it very vividly.
I told her that Heavenly Father really didn't want to let her leave, but knew how much she needed to come here to help me in this life. It was the most special experience I think I have ever had with Ali and it made me see how close she is to her Heavenly Father. She is so special and i know she is such a special gift to me and I am so blessed to have her in my life.

5 comments:

Kevin + Marcy said...

That broke my heart in a good way. What a tear-jerker of an experience. Ali is certainly a special and sweet spirit. Good thing she went to such a great mom who could help savor that spirit and cherish it.

Catherine said...

What a special story! Thanks for sharing Kristin!! What a sweet baby girl you have there!

Raising Helm said...

Alright, I know it is "unusual" for me to cry... Okay I am a bit sensitive, but that is such a sweet story. I was balling! I know I don't know Ali like you do but I know what a sweet, mature spiritual little girl she is. Glad you wrote it down. NOW PRINT IT OFF AND SAVE IT FOREVER!!! I am so thankful you guys have eachother. and that I have you both in my family.LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Krystal said...

I think Ali is such a sweet girl. I love the stories you have shared with us on this blog about her. She is a special little girl. Amazing really. She seems to be so close to the lord at such a young age. I mean I know all child are like our Heavenly Father, but she just shares it more.

Hollie said...

That was so sweet to read. Thanks for sharing and what a great experience to have.