Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Making the most with the snow!


I was feeling a little blue since almost everyone I knew was headed up to the ski slopes, and I wasn't. I decided I didn't care what we did, how cold it was, or if there wasn't a lot of snow, we were spending the day outside!! We were supposed to have been pounded with snow, but of course didn't get pounded but got some snow, so we headed to my parents house in Cedar Hills and decided to make it a sledding day! My parents have a small slope in their front yard and it is perfect for the little sledders!

Jamison who is 18 months old loved the snow proabably more than everyone. He even would go down by himself. And he ended up with balls of snow as hands. It was pretty dang cute!!

My nephew Noah tackling the Jump we made. He kept wanting it built bigger, or higher, and half the time he couldn't get over it!

Cam on the other hand loved being the observer! He enjoyed his milk and a chair to watch the fun. He went down a few times and called it quits!

Ali got going so fast on the runs that she kept ending up in the street!
Luckily there wasn't much traffic, but we kept running out of snow for
her to fly down!


some of my favorite memories growing up are of the snow slides my mom would build for us as kids. With 6 kids to take care of she was always out there with us building the best runs and slides, and that is exactly how my parents still are. My dad and mom don't like missing the fun and of course they were out playing with all the grandkids. That has been one of the best examples to me and that is probably why i love so much to play hands on with my kids. thanks mom and dad for the example!

Me and My Ali

1 comment:

Raising Helm said...

You are a great mom! you truly are the first one to get out there and take care of the fun. Oh and of course, take care of the kids. Always time for a little enjoyment with the fam. Cute pictures! love the fact that Cam just chilled on that chair. Got milk?