Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Going SIMMING!!

It does say going simming, but really it is going Swimming. This a little story I got a great kick out of and wanted to have it in my book. Last Week me and my sister Brooke decided we would take Cam and her little girl Christian swimming. Well I really didn't want Ali to find out because she gets sad when we do fun stuff without her. So I was secretly packing up the swim stuff, towels, and hiding my swimsuit before taking her to school. I had to run in Cams room and grab his suit and he saw me get his swim diaper and got all excited and said, "Going Simming??" I told him yes, and that we had to take Ali to school first.
After packing everything secretly into the car, I loaded Ali and Cam in the car. As we start to drive Cam starts chanting, "going simming, going simming!" I was dying. I knew Ali would be devastated. I just started laughing because I didn't know what to do. I asked Ali what Cam was saying, and she said," Oh he is just singing his new song, called going simming!" I started laughing even harder because he was really pronouncing it clearly, but she didn't recognize it.
Well I got her off to school successfully, then had a great time swimming. when I got home I washed all the towels and suits, so there would be no suspicion and was so relieved there wouldn't be any feeling of being left out.
That night we were watching a movie pretty late and as we were walking to bed Ali noticed something. She stopped me and pointed to my wrist and asked me what it was.. OH DANG I WAS BUSTED- I forgot to take off the dang WRIST BAND. I told her that I took Cam swimming. She started balling and was so sad. She asked why i couldn't have waited for her. I explained that we are home all day and still have to have fun. Then she said, "Well why couldn't you have gone to the thanksgiving point farm or something." Then I told her we did that yesterday, and she began balling even more.
REality hit pretty hard that we don't just sit home without her, but we are really off having fun. She wasn't to happy about that reality, but she finally realized cam was going Swimming not simming!!

2 comments:

Raising Helm said...

That is so hilarious. Only you would feel guilty and cover up any evidence. You crack me up. Good job! Too bad she is so smart! haha

Fredia said...

Sometimes being the big sister just plain sucks!! You miss all the good stuff:)