Monday, March 29, 2010

My Kids



My kids are at such fun ages. I wanted to jot down a few things I love about them right now, and don't want to forget.
ALI- she is my "independant" 6 year old. Independant meaning, she already knows everything, and she doesn't need help with anything.(meaning homework)
She loves playing with anything, and makes voices for anything she is playing with. Her new favorite colors are Blue and Green, and she still only likes her hair in a ponytail.
She doesn't understand who you can be friends with. She explained to me why she doesn't play with certain kids in her class and they were reasons like: she doesn't raise her hand when she talks, or she shouts out in class, or he bit a kid(which is a good-stay away from that kid), but she thinks if they do anything they are not supposed to do, she can't associate with them. I hope that may be a trait that carries into her teens- but we'll see!!
she loves making people laugh. She has a very silly side that I think only a few people have ever seen, and it is so funny. She really likes getting her cousins laughing and it makes her feel so good when they do laugh at her.
She has moments when she just doesn't want to talk. Usually when I pick her up from school, she just gives me the silent treatment, or says, I just don't want to talk about it. In further prying into this behavior, she claims it is just because there is always so much talking at school, and she is tired of it!! (PRE-TEEN!)
She loves cuddling, and if she had her way we would spend all day watching movies, reading books, or just sitting on each others lap- without Cam to interfere!

CAM- he is all boy, and all FUN!! Well mostly fun! he is currently in a very "CLINGY" phase. He wants to be held almost all the time by me, just because. He gets really posessive if I am hugging Ali, and will instantly come jump on her to make her move. He mimicks all the sounds we make, He loves Trains and will want to run out side to see them. He loves his cousins. He will walk around all day saying, Noah REEd, CHRISTIAN a ton, and always associates swimming whenever he hears Christians name(we love taking them swimming). He loves laughing, and loves, chocolate. He doesn't like food, but he LOVES candy and his bottle. He loves running, and counting. He loves singing Twinkle Twinkle little star with me at night. He loves making crazy faces, and he is really good at getting us all laughing pretty hard.
Cam makes me smile A LOT. Getting to spend time All day with just him has given me plenty of "BONDING" time. One of his favorite things to do is play hide and go seek. And it has also taught him how to count to 10! Yes he is one and a half and can count to 10. Not that he is a genius it just shows you how much hide and go seek we play. The other day I hid on top of my bed in a little ball. As he was yelling mom, all I did was say "BEEP, BEEP". Instantly he picked up on this and said, "BEEp, BEEP"back. He kept saying beep, beep until he found me and just laughed. Now when he is trying to find me in the house, he often yells Mom, or BEEP BEEP!

1 comment:

Raising Helm said...

I'll just call you beep from now on. What a cute kid. I love how funny he is. actually both of your children crack me up. Silent at times but crazy when they are cracked.(come out of their shells) Love 'em!