Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!


My Dad had another birthday on friday and what a day it turned out to be. Fro and I decided that it would be fun to take them out to dinner if they didn't already have big plans made. So we arranged to go to dinner and come back for games. Well word got out and having 6 siblings it was inevitable to include everyone on my Dads day!! It is only fair to share the guy with everyone. So we decided to have the family over for dessert and a movie I made for my dad. After the movie we went upstairs to have the dessert I had waiting. My dad LOVES banana cream pie, so of course I got him one. It looked delicious and he was salivating just looking at it. In the meantime Fro was placing bets to see if Brittany, my "pure, innocent, would never hurt a fly" of a sister, would throw the pie in my dads face.
He asked her what it would take for her to throw the pie in his face and her answer was money. So with that being said fro placed 20 bucks on the table and was quietly getting more money on this bet. Well my dad heard something going on and asked what was going on. There was also a plate of donuts and I said that we were betting to see if Brittany would eat the whole plate of donuts. He was excited at the thought and even offered to put some money on the bet!! We were all laughing pretty hard because he had NO CLUE!!

Brittany is looking a little nervous about the whole thing, but hey she would be getting some pretty good cash- I think the pot was up to 30 + dollars by this point!

We all sat pretending she was getting ready to eat the donuts, when BOOM she grabbed the pie and in one swoop had if FULL THROTTLE in my dads face. I think it was really gratifying for her!! She nailed him. Not just a little pie got on him, but the whole pie got on him.

He kept trying to smear it off, but it was thick and very caked on his face. We were all laughing about how brittany just nailed him. He was clueless and so suprised that his little Brittany would do such a thing. So of course he had to give her a big squeeze back, and covered her face with the pie also.

My dad said in all his many years he has never had that happen to him!! so it made us feel good that we could help him check that off of his lifetime to do list!!
The next day we had already had a birthday breakfast planned for him so we headed to my parents. My dad is one of those guys you just love to be with and it is always so fun. It has been one of my favorite things in life to watch him with my kids and my nieces and nephews. My dad always is instigating some party and loves time with his family the most. Being the bishop of a singles ward doesn't leave him a lot of time but that is one thing he is amazing at, he always tries to put his family first. He is such a great example for all of us and I am so glad my kids get to love their grandpa as long as they have.
"PAPPA" pulling ali around on the sweepers at his church. We headed over there after breakfast for games. My dad came up with three brooms and we had all the kids racing around on them!! I love his creativity!! Dad, your the best!! I hope your around for many more years to come. I love you so much, and you already know that your my FAVORITE!!

2 comments:

Kevin + Marcy said...

Ha! Those pictures of your dad's pie face are awesome! Your sis' has a great shot. I love it that you guys can have so much fun together like that.

Catherine said...

What a good sport your dad is! Sounds like a great birthday!