Friday, March 19, 2010

St. Patricks Day


Since last year when Ali was in Kindergarten, St. Patricks day became kind of a "exciting day." Not intentionally and really not on purpose. Last year Ali came home from school so excited that every kid had been visited by a leprachaun and hers must be at her house by now. Not really knowing what I wanted out of this holiday from that day on, it is officially a holiday Ali looks forward to all year. She calls it "The day everything turns green!"
This year we were all amazed as the pancakes turned green right before our eyes!! How do those leprachauns do that!! they are AMAZING!!

And Cam was pretty thrilled to have Green Milk!! He actually didn't care it was green he just wanted some!

this year the leprachauns were sloppy and left a trail of Andes mints for the kids, and her lunch box, and backpack were missing and hidden in crazy places. They had so much fun as they would go to another room and Ali would quickly point out everything that had moved on its own!! Half of it was just stuff she didn't remember moving herself!! It was pretty funny!!
and to top off St. Patricks day, Ali saw this hairdo on my friends hairblog, and she said, "I want a shamrock in my hair!" so thanks to Mindys step by step instructions, boom- a pretty successful shamrock. Ali was pretty happy with it!!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Super cute hair do. I had high hopes for Emma's hair that day, but we didn't wake up in time...

Raising Helm said...

Are you kidding me? You are super mom. My poor kids get to wear the closest thing to green and that about tops it off. slap that sucker on dude! I did attempt to do the food coloring thing but I think I left it at your house? sorry green day :(

Raising Helm said...

love the hair!

Kevin + Marcy said...

I'm way impressed, Chica! Nice work. I didn't realize that Ali's hair was long enough to even do that, but I guess that goes to show how fast her hair grows. Cool!