Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm a good listener

I just had to write this down simply for Ali to realize what I love about her. Ali and I have a love hate relationship with her hair. I love it, she hates me to do it!! Every morning before school, it is the question of how are we doing your hair today?? the answer without hesitation is "a low ponytail in the back." No variation, no fun, No bows, nothing!! She has gorgeous long hair and she very rarely lets me go crazy. We recently made a deal that every other day she would choose how to do it, and opposite days I got to choose. It usually ends up always Alis' day,to keep peace in our house.I eventually told her that her hair was dying from doing it the same way everyday. That has allowed for a few variations!! Well today Ali was getting a little crazy and wanted a Low ponytail, but with a braid in it. I wanted to do a few other things, but of course gave in and made it beautiful. As I finished she felt it and said, "Good Job mom, You really listened!!" I realized that as a kid, that is exactly what I haven't been doing, Listening!! Ali as I always tell you, You look beautiful no matter how your hair is, and I am glad you know that at least one day I listened!!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

That is funny! I'm glad you could listen to her at least one day!! Good job K!

Raising Helm said...

I need to be a good listener. I have been called to repentance! flip flops in the winter? We shall see who wins. j/k I love you guys. Ali is so hilarious and makes me laugh.