Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bring on the Treats!!


Being April 1st only means one thing at my house........the treat/dessert bet is over!!! Me and my cute neighbor Marcy started this one month ago and placed $50 on the table. Unbelievably neither one of us had to pay up. To make it a little funner I made a phone call this morning to her and it went like this....


(stolen from Marcys blog, because she so beautifully re-capped the whole conversation!)


Me:
"Congratulations! You made it! Now you can open all your jellybeans and chocolate eggs and everything you want! I'm going to do this for another month to see how far I can go, and Fro started his maple syrup and lemon juice cleanse today and I thought this would help support him. If you want to go double or nothing, give me a call."

9:40 a.m. this morning: Shocked, I call Kristin back. Converstaion goes something like this:

Kristin: [answers] "Hey!"
Me: "Are. You. Nuts?!"
Kristin: [laughing] I wanted to support Fro with what he's doing so I thought I'd do this until our [trip] next month. You wanna do it?"
Me: "I'm not gonna do it, but good luck with that."
Kristin: "April Fool's!"
Both: [laughter errupts]

I wanted to really get her, and I did!! As much fun as it was missing dessert for an entire month, I don't think I will do it again anytime soon. I explained to Marcy that I think I gained weight because I was trying to fill the "closure" void that dessert gives me. I don't eat a lot of dessert as it is, but I realized that when I do get stressed I crave a little bit of chocolate!!

I was feeling pretty excited about this change in events that I rode 8 miles on my bike then, did a turbo Jam weight session. Right when I got done I hear a knock on my door. I answer it (after peeking through the peep hole) wearing my spandex biking shorts, and guess who it was?? Marcy with her camera and a box with the logo DIPPIDEE!! I love DIPPIDEE, they make the yummiest cookies in the world- so my whole work out was in vain, but it sure welcomed the month in properly!! She is probably the only person I would let see me in my spandex, and of course she had her camera!! Luckily you can't see below my waist in her photo- thanks Marcy, and Ali loved her cute little sheep cookie too!!

Up Next..........Triathalon???????????

5 comments:

Kevin + Marcy said...

For real?! Would you really consider doing a triathalon? I think I would die. Hmm, let's talk, because I'm interested. And thanks for letting me see you in your adorable spandex. I feel priveleged!

Tracie Bramhall said...

Tri....what....???
You were never interested while I was out there...
Whats the deal??

Tracie Bramhall said...

PS-...last comment was from Dave not Tracie!!

Dawn + Ryan said...

You go! I am thinking you probably look totally HOT in spandex and are just being modest. Just dangle that carrot for all your devoted readers out here...I see how you do.

Seriously, great job on the no desserts for uno month. I would rather run 50 miles than do that, fo real. Let me know how the tri training goes!!

Raising Helm said...

Yea remember when i asked you to possibly do a tri? well thanks for getting me motivated, NOT! what about your dream? You need to have a baby ha ha ha- And why is Marcy the only one you'd feel comfortable seeing you in spandex? Goodness, I am feeling a bit unimportant at the moment, What am I, chopped liver?