Monday, November 10, 2008

I SUCK!!!!!- That is a Quarter Word


At our house if Fro or I say a bad word (stupid, dumb, idiot, suck, etc .) and Ali catches us we give her a quarter. I have had my fair share of quarter giving, but today I really SUCK!!!!
The day was looking so optomistic- I had my first Parent Helper day at Alis school, and she was so excited. I got to take her to school- which was her highlight- NO BUS- and things were running smoothly! I turned my phone off because I didn't want it ringing during her kindergarten class and that was my first mistake. Come to find out Fro got sick at work- really bad migraine. He was puking his guts out and his vision was blurry, and he needed to go home. The first sign that it is bad is that Fro needed to go home- he NEVER misses work!!
Our situation right now is we got rid of one car because fro usually rides the bus, or gets a car from work. Well today he didn't have a car and had to catch the bus.
Yes puking his guts out in the RAIN- and had to walk at least 1/4 mile to the bus and then a 1/4 mile home - let me emphasize that again- IN THE RAIN AND COLD. The worst part was by this time I was done at Alis school and moved on to Christmas shopping!!!! I SUCK!!!
As bad as that is my sick husband puking in the rain, I told Ali I would pick her up from school. Just to make her day that much brighter!- Before we left she said, "Oh Mom your the best!" Well needless to say I was out shopping, and lost track of time. I looked at my watch and realized it was 11:48 and school gets out at 12:08. I needed to hurry, so I dropped everything I was going to purchase and flew to Alis school- I did NOT want to be late. As I am sitting at a light I realize that she didn't get out at 12:08 today it was SHORT DAY- she got out at 11:38. (don't ask me who decided on the time- weird) . I sat there not knowing where my daughter would be at that exact moment. That was the scariest feeling ever.
I still sped to her school just in case she was still sitting there waiting patiently for me. I ran all over, and no Ali. I called my neighbor to see if she saw Ali, and she said that her son said Ali was on the bus. So that much I knew. She was in the neighborhood, I am sure SCARED to death. My sweet neighbor Jill said she would go and find her. I was ready to just CRY!!!!
Finally a few minutes later- which felt like eternity- I was at my neighbors house. I knocked on the door, and Ali practically flew into my arms. I held her for two seconds and tears began flowing! I felt so HORRIBLE. I started getting tears in my eyes and then we both lost it.
We got home and we both cried for a good 20 minutes. She told me how scared she was, and asked why I forgot her. I had to clarify that I would never forget her, I just forget the dang short days! It wasn't until about an hour later that we realized Fro was in bed at home. What a Crappy Day! I hope that tomorrow is better!!

3 comments:

cyrie said...

Tomorrow will be better. I hate bad days.
I am going to start giving you recipes to try that are easy and good! OK

Raising Helm said...

I am glad you can vent to me. You aren't the only one who forgets about short days. I have heard plenty of stories where short day has been a blunder. As for Fro, I hope the best and maybe next time you can set an alarm or use the handy dandy vibrate. It's been quite the "rainy" day for the Derricks and tomorrow is a new day. love ya

Lindsay said...

Um. Yea. That's pretty bad.