Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm Losing Control!!

This morning I got a reality check from Ali. I realized that I don't have totall control over my five year old ANYMORE!! As I was doing her hair for school she grabbed the front half of one side of her hair. I told her I needed it to finish her hair. She replied," Don't worry mom, I know exactly what I am going to do with this." After much deliberation, I figured - WHATEVER!!!
I am sure her teacher has seen worse- Right!! Then she decided she would pick out her whole outfit and she didn't want any help. so here you have it. Unfortunately I didn't get the whole outfit- it was an all BLUE outfit, different blues of all varieties, brown church shoes without socks, and the hair to match a Queen!!
One side has it all pulled back into a bun, and the other side has half down, the other half into a bun, and a huge flower and a seperate headband!- This memory is for you Ali, so you know I never did this to you- It was all you and your little INDEPENDANT creations!!
Yes I let her go all day with that AWESOME doo!
It is a good thing she is so cute!

5 comments:

Hollie said...

That is totally sweet... Love the bow smack dab in the front of the forhead. Drew did his own hair today too, I guess all we can do is sit back and laugh. I remember looking and kids who looked horrible thinking "why would their mother ever let them go out like that?" and now I think it's so freaking hilarious.

Chante said...

That is way too cute. I hope Ava never wants to be independent in that sense. I love that she doesn't care what I put on her yet because I have heard plenty of funny stories. I know the day will come! I think Ali still looks cute!

cyrie said...

There's nothing wrong with being independent!? She looks so cute. I love it.

Raising Helm said...

Way to go Ali and of course Kris. Pick your battles I try to say. Love the shoes, love the purse, love everything! somethin' like that. On her way to beauty school!!! Atleast you haven't had to call her homeless yet. love ya

Krystal said...

Well if you can pull it off, and look cute doing it why not? I mean you have to give her that. What a good mom you are. I think I would of said NO. So good job, she's lucky to have you. I also like how you put the part about showing her that you allowed it, but never would of done that to her. So funny!