Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cheesecake Factory vs. Texas Roadhouse

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to the FAMOUS Cheesecake Factory. I had never been before so I was super excited! For the past year I have grown to LOVE Texas Roadhouse so much that I thought it might be up for a little competition to see if the Cheesecake factory would become my new favorite restraunt. I asked a few people what is good, and always told everything is good- so there was quite a bit of food anticipation on my part!
We decided to go a little early because they don't take reservations (which they told me they do Monday thru Thursday) and good thing we did. Even on a monday night it got busy by 6:00. I ordered the most popular chicken dish- Chicken Madeira. It was recommended by a friend, and on the menu it is "the most popular chicken dish" so I decided to give it a try. Ali ordered their kids Mac and Cheese, and lets just say when I got my food I honestly wanted hers. Her Mac and Cheese was DElicious! The Chicken Madeira was okay, but it had a mushroom sauce that i didn't care for too much. The one thing that sold me on the cheesecake factory was it's name-- They have AWESOME cheesecake--YUMMY YUMMY! I would go back again many times for the cheesecake.
If you haven't ever been - GO- but if you haven't been to Texas Roadhouse- it is STILL MY FAVORITE! They have the best rolls and honey butter EVER! Their food is priced better also. Just be careful of the waiters at Texas Roadhouse- one (GUY) was hitting on Fro the whole time and my friends all got free meals because their waiter was rude. You have to call an hour before you go, and they will seat you right when you get there-( not many people know that trick.) But all in all , I still list it as my favorite!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Kristin, you are awesome!! I've never been to Texas Roadhouse... but I definately go to Cheesecake Factory for the dessert! :) Imagine that, right?! But, they have really good Stuffed Chicken Tortillas or cheeseburgers... Did you like the bread there?

Chante said...

I love Cheesecake factory and have been there many times here in AZ, and I think the food is alright, but the Cheesecake is better! I tried some 100 anniversary cheesecake the other day with chocolate cake in it and it was heavenly!