Thursday, October 9, 2008

A first for Ali !

What a good Nights Rest can do for you! One of the great blessings Ali has blessed me with all these years is that she is 5 and still takes naps!! Yes - How wonderful is that. She usually takes a regular 2 hour nap everyday. Since starting kindergarten she has been a little less consistant but still manages to get an hour here, or 2 there. If she doesn't get her nap she usually starts "falling apart" by 5:30 ish. She always lets me know she is ready for a nap by saying, "Mom I am starting to fall apart." Or she will say she is falling to Pieces- one of the two. Well yesterday Ali and Cam came with me to work, as they often do, and I had a lot of things to get done and ended up being there until after 6:15 pm. Ali hadn't had a nap at all and she was still going strong. By the time we got out to the car she was so proud of herself that she said, "Mom I didn't even fall apart!" It was cute because she was so proud. As I loaded her in the car, I looked back in my mirror a few minutes later and she was out. When I got home I thought for sure she would wake up. I left for mutual by 7:30 and she was still asleep. When I got back from mutal she was no where to be found. I asked fro where she was and he told me she wouldn't wake up. He said he kept trying to wake her up but she was to tired she wouldn't. I was a little nervous-- I thought oh great now she is going to wake up in the middle of the night and be wide awake. Not only did she not wake up she slept until 7:00 am. She has NEVER done that! Sleeping from 6:30 pm to 7:00 am- Holy Cow! My kids don't do that!! She woke up and was worried because she hadn't got to brush her teeth!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

That is so awesome! What a good girl!! I'm glad she was worried about her dental hygiene! Too cute!!