Sunday, October 5, 2008

Is this how it is supposed to be?

I love General Conference for SO many reasons. Every conference I reminisce with Ali about what General Conference was like for me when I grew up. It usually involved some kind of craft my mom would get for us to paint, or a book my mom would put togeather to entertain us for at least half the conference. And one thing it seems like it always consisted of was my dad polishing all of his church shoes. And don't forget- it's a day off from church!
Well every conference I record all of my thoughts from conference in it, and i started doing it back in 1999. It actually is a coincidence because I started it right before I met Fro, so it is fun to look back and remember all the past conferences that I recorded. I noticed however that back in 1999 and for several years after that I have a lot of entries and every speaker is listed. I looked back and noticed a pattern. Ever since 2003 (which was when Ali was born) there are fewer and fewer notes written. Each conference has less and less notes written. I then realized that my conference days of pages of notes may be over- Children are a great distration. So all those memories of conferences growing up reminded me of so many things, but they definately didn't include this years conference of .................................
DROOL, and Dress-Ups! Cam and ali at the beginning of Conference
(Cam is also sitting up by himself for the first time)
Cam towards the end of conference ( not even the end of the first session!) -
Look at how drenched his shirt is! He Drools like a maniac!
He gets that from his dad!

Ali was way past the coloring packet and moved onto being a "Queen"
And then she made me her Queen, Fro a King with a crown and all,

and Cam her little Prince.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

So cute!! I can't believe how big Cam is getting! Your kids are awesome!! Ali is such a little diva!! Miss & love you guys!!

P.S. Cute blog! I'm glad I finally figured out which of our 5 million email addresses to use. Sorry, I'm truly a struggle bunny!! xoxo :)