Thursday, October 16, 2008

My little Drooler!

I have to record this about my little Cam so I always remeber that I am NOT perfect!
Cam inherited a little gene from his dad called DROOLING! Ali didn't get this so I thought we were safe from it. In the Derrick family it is a pretty common knowledge that Mat drooled all the time and on everything. In all of his childhood pictures he is wearing a bib to catch all the drool. So recently I thought I might have to resort to the same thing. Cam was drooling so much I had to continuously change his shirt throughout the day. His skin was becoming super raw because it was always wet. So I was talking to my sister in law and she told me her pediatrician said to use baby oil on it. I got home and decided to use both the baby oil and the bib and tackle this drool mania. I covered his chest and neck in baby oil and put on some cool bibs that have a shirt top to keep stuff from getting under his little neck. Througout the day I was pretty happy because his shirt was staying dry!!! As it got time to change him for the bath I took off the bib to find a very red, very sore looking neck! I burned him!!! It was the saddest thing. I think the heat from the bib and the combo of the baby oil, just heated him right up and Burned his skin. I felt Horrible. The little guy didn't even cry all day as his skin was burning up. That is a lesson I hope no one has to learn- Don't combine baby oil, and HEAT! Cam drooling over EVERYTHING!
Cam just chillin in the Johnny Jumper!!

1 comment:

Chante said...

Oh poor little guy! Ava never drooled either and Brec drooled a lot more, but I don't think as much as Cam to where I had to put bibs to catch it. Now maybe you will just go with bibs to catch his fun boy drool!