Friday, October 3, 2008

New and Improved!

All my life i have always been told, " You look just like your mom." I would get stopped places by people i have never met, or seen, and even on occassion guys my mom had dated- back in the day- and it was always the same question, "are you related to Shauna ?" So needless to say i got very used to hearing that i was my moms "carbon copy", or i was "mini shauna", or as my mom always said, i was the "New and improved version."
Well Ali has a few similarities of me and her grandma sunny, and people have pointed them out, but i didn't want to always make her feel like she looked like me, i wanted her to just be her. So yesterday as i was doing her hair, she said "will you do it curly so it could be like yours?". So I did it curly and let her go look in the mirror. As she walked into the bathroom she said, " Oh mom I look just like you- i LOVE it!" It made me feel so good to know that RIGHT Now she doesn't mind looking like me. So here is to Grandma Sunny for passing on some pretty good genes! We love you Sunny! This is when she said, "I look just like you mom- I love it!"
Here is my mom , aka -Grandma Sunny!

Do we look alike?
Our "mini me"

3 comments:

Kirstin said...

Cute blog! I'm glad you sent me an invitation. Cam is so adorable. It's striking how close the three generations of ladies look. Cool!

Kirstin said...

Love your blog. Thanks for the invitation! Such a cute family.

SJ said...

Hi K!
Thanks for the invite to your blog.
Did you chop Ali's hair? I haven't seen it yet, it looks short in the pics.